USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

artray

by artray

What is wrong with some of you people . He doped in a bike race everyone else was doping in as well . Riders have been doping before he was racing and after he was racing . Yes he cheated so did the others and maybe in time there dirty washing may come out to play as well.
He has done the right thing . Its a well known name that has done a lot of good work .Its openess cannot be questioned . Check the charitys register. It's only a few Armstrong obsessed and I am beginning to think a bit nutty that would worry about the name . So you change the name and it does not change the fact that it was Armstrongs foundation . Lance fanboy artray :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swinter

by swinter

it's all just matter of interpretation. :smartass: for me, each yellow jersey represents the depths of his dishonesty. :roll:
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

Miller76

by Miller76

I just thought it was funny.. cheat, didn't cheat, it's not going to stop me from riding my bike or enjoying the sport I love!!

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

artray wrote:What is wrong with some of you people . He doped in a bike race everyone else was doping in as well . Riders have been doping before he was racing and after he was racing . Yes he cheated so did the others and maybe in time there dirty washing may come out to play as well.
He has done the right thing . Its a well known name that has done a lot of good work .Its openess cannot be questioned . Check the charitys register. It's only a few Armstrong obsessed and I am beginning to think a bit nutty that would worry about the name . So you change the name and it does not change the fact that it was Armstrongs foundation . Lance fanboy artray :lol:

Read the report, it's not quite as simple as that.

Must have missed the reports of him 'doing the right thing' as he still owes SCA their money, he hasn't apologised to Simeoni, Andreau, Lemond, Bassons etc, etc.....

artray

by artray

And what about all the other riders who were doping at the same time .They should also say sorry and what about the managers of teams who know that there riders are doping they should also say sorry and what about the UCI who unless walked around with sh%t in there eyes and ears also need to say sorry and what about the sponsors who were glad to take the cash but also plead ignorance ..... I have read the report.
I do feel for any athlete who wants to compete without the use of drugs . But the sad fact is most pro sports are riddled with them.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

artray wrote:And what about all the other riders who were doping at the same time .They should also say sorry and what about the managers of teams who know that there riders are doping they should also say sorry and what about the UCI who unless walked around with sh%t in there eyes and ears also need to say sorry and what about the sponsors who were glad to take the cash but also plead ignorance ..... I have read the report.
I do feel for any athlete who wants to compete without the use of drugs . But the sad fact is most pro sports are riddled with them.

The point is that this isn't about other riders.

artray

by artray

Then you are blaming Armstrong for the whole culture of the sport ? He is a small part of the issue.

strobbekoen That is really funny . Your a comedy genius . Have you got any gigs coming up . Reminds me of early Bill Hicks . Well done :wink:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

artray wrote:And what about all the other riders who were doping at the same time.

What about them? Many have left the sport, served jail time, suspensions, and so on.

artray wrote:They should also say sorry.

They did.

artray wrote:and what about the managers of teams who know that there riders are doping they should also say sorry

They did and/or they are currently under prosecution in ongoing cases.

artray wrote:and what about the UCI who unless walked around with sh%t in there eyes and ears also need to say sorry

They're another issue entirely, but their downfall is eminent if you've been paying attention. But apparently you haven't.

artray wrote:and what about the sponsors who were glad to take the cash but also plead ignorance .....

Some sponsors are asking for their money back. Some are just moving on. Some are leaving the sport entirely.
The business world, artray, is a different world altogether.

artray wrote:I have read the report.

It hasn't shown.

artray wrote:I do feel for any athlete who wants to compete without the use of drugs . But the sad fact is most pro sports are riddled with them.

So then why in previous posts did you state that everyone is doping and the "playing field" was "even" , when clearly there have always been a few that weren't yet you are still playing some broken record of blind support for a farse?

Your arguments in this arena are really just empty, artray.
Unless you're intentionally being a troll - but I guess that's worked since a lot of people have just ended up blocking your posts altogether, which is disappointing because they were initially giving you the benefit of doubt in being a valuable contributor to WW... But you may have lost, or are losing, that credibility.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

maquisard

by maquisard

In fairness Prendrefeu, most of the points you underlined for emphasis aren't true.

- There are still many riders in the sport who have doped, still dope and have never said sorry.
- The above also applies to team owners, doctors, support staff. Someone posted a list of team doctors a while back and there were some that were still doing the rounds from the Festina days!

The UCI's downfall isn't imminent either, that is precisely the problem! This is Festina all over again. Make a doping case about one single person/team and you don't tackle the problem. You merely shift the blame, make it look like something has been done to clear up the sport when nothing of the sort has happened. See the last 20 years of pro cycling!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

You're right, maquisard.

So going back to Koen's post - it's a circular, never ending record.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

artray

by artray

Come on prendrefeu," What about them? Many have left the sport, served jail time, suspensions, and so on."

And a lot of them are still riding and running teams and have not said sorry for anything only the fact they got caught and one has just won an olympic gold medal .

The UCI Investigation is a joke. We need a body from outside to give a true verdict on there miss doings
Have you been paying attention ?

prendrefeu "Some sponsors are asking for their money back. Some are just moving on. Some are leaving the sport entirely.
The business world, artray, is a different world altogether"

Its a world prendrefeu where they will turn a blind eye if it fills up there bank account . Some sponsors are just as guilty.

"So then why in previous posts did you state that everyone is doping and the "playing field" was "even" , when clearly there have always been a few that weren't yet you are still playing some broken record of blind support for a farse"

Im talking about Armstrongs main rivals his serious challengers . Most of them busted for drugs.
The non drug takers where tiny . have you been paying attention ? have you beem reading the news.
Surly you don't want me to make a list of all the riders/ ex riders who have been busted or have admitted doping over just the last few weeks never mind the last 20 years .
prendrefeu I don't know you . I enjoy your threads . The fact is I call it how I see it . I said during the tour about Leinders . I had every sky fanboy on my case . Thats just stating a fact . Armstrong's a great rider doped or not . My fav rider is Cadel. A few posts on here have said he may be doping . I have not jumped on there throats for saying that maybe he has . He's still my fav rider and it would not be a surprise . IMO blocking posts is ignorant. just because you don't agree with someone. It's ok shooting me down and if I am wrong I will admit it, I have done on a few occasions on this sight . Hope we can still be buddys

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

J-Nice wrote:Image

Genius....nothing more

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com