Casati Vola SLi-and-Dolan Preffisio-new winter stable mate.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

gifted child

by gifted child

lovely Casati...
Mind if ill ask what frame size that is?

:)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Ride Report:
First thing: I am coming off a Focus Izalco w/ Campy and SiSL cranks. I used the same wheelset for this ride (A23 rims, tubeless Hutchison tires).

Geometry came out perfect which is always met with a sigh of relief. :thumbup:
54.5 top tube, 110 headtube, 73 seattube angle.

First thing I noticed was a very solid acceleration. I wasnt expecting that especially considering the Focus is bb30 with the sisl cranks. The feeling didnt go away though as each time I accelerated it was more than ready to go. Quite surprised at the difference really. FYI, Campy Record cranks.

The bike felt pretty neutral overall with solid character that might lag a little in a tight corner crit. Not exactly worried about that these days though.

The Prologo Scratch TR is quite nice. I can see why its so popular. I havent quite got the position 100% but its close and I just dont slide around much. It just might be a good replacement for my old trusty.

Still getting it dialed in but it feels like a great fit overall, in every way, which is exactly what I figured it would be. Gotta love Casati!
New pics soon too and not in front of an orange wall (no, that wasnt my house). :wink:
Casati Vola SLi and Dolan Preffisio
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108931" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
btompkins0112 wrote:
It has the H2 geo......one step racier than a hybrid bike

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Did a nice longish ride yesterday and the bike still feels more than ready to go in the acceleration department. The saddle seems to be breaking in a bit as well. I really love looking at the bike too which is quite a step away from my normal matte black bikes of years past. I am enjoying it quite a bit and happy to be on a Casati! Ive been carrying around a real camera too but I just havent had the weather conditions to snap a good pic. :(
btompkins0112 wrote:

hasbeen

by hasbeen

new pics added on first page.
btompkins0112 wrote:

hasbeen

by hasbeen

Ive made some running changes to the Casati and added a Dolan to mix for days like today (snow). SEE FIRST PAGE FOR PICS
I went back to my trusty Selle Italia Flite Evolution as that is still the best saddle I have ever ridden. I am seriously thinking about trying to get someone like Berk make a clone of it!!!
I went to Deda bars and a Deda Pista stem.
Recently picked up some old Zipp carbon bars, IO Dupont housing, and some Zero G brakes so those will go on soon enough. Some small projects to get done while I ride the Dolan.
btompkins0112 wrote: