home-brewed sunglass vents

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

taina

by taina

My Tifosi Ventoux sunglasses fog when I climb, even when I'm not sweating much. New sunglasses might fix it, but I'd rather not experiment at my own expense, or at the expense of a retailer with a liberal return policy. My tentative plan starts with filing away vents on the outside vertical edges of a little-used pair of lenses, using a circular file. Any advice? Thanks.
Saura mon coeur que mon cul poise.

adapted from Rabelais

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rijndael

by rijndael

Have you tried non destructive methods first, like Rain-X Anti-Fog?

-Sent using Tapatalk.

taina

by taina

Thanks for the anti-fog suggestion. I tried a Blue Magic brand towel. It worked. As a test, I left my glasses, cap, helmet, and jacket on when I came indoors after a ride. Before, would have been fog. After, a hint of condensation, but no fog.

I also put on Cablz brand eyeglass retainers, 16", normal sized ends, to make it as easy as possible to flip the glasses on and off.

adapted from Rabelais

taina

by taina

The residue from the anti-fog towel wears off after a while. I tried filing two small vents per lens, one on the outside vertical edge, one on the top edge near the outside. The vents are effective, but not a complete cure.

adapted from Rabelais