Anders CAAD10 for the 2013 season (Di2 installation)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Anders

by Anders

Although I like my CAAD8 I have always had the impression that the front wasn't as stiff as more modern frames. So I'm waiting for delivery of a CAAD10 105 i BBQ. As I have sold my CAAD7 winterbike all components will be transfered to the CAAD8 to replace the CAAD7. The CAAD10 will get most components from the CAAD8 but as I have sold my Campagnolo SR, I will be looking for a new gear group and if funds allow also a new wheelset to replace the Neutron Ultras.

First step have already been made for the new bike. A HM fork from Ebay Germany. Too good a deal to pass on and should save well over 100g on the stock fork. Already sanded loosing 3g it will go to the local paint shop for a complete black look when the right decals have been sourced.

Not much have really happened since 2006 when the 323g SI Slice Carbon fork made by Time was top of the line.

Last edited by Anders on Thu May 16, 2013 11:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

Nice. Time made Slice Si fork? Lovely look.

What groupset are you thinking of and have you ordered the raw color on the caad10? Really nice

Anders

by Anders

cerro wrote:Nice. Time made Slice Si fork? Lovely look.

What groupset are you thinking of and have you ordered the raw color on the caad10? Really nice

It will probably be the new Sram Red, but if I will change the wheels Dura Ace 11 speed would also be tempting.

Yes of cause it's a Time. Both French :-)

No it will be the matte black. Yes the raw was nice but I'm not sure it was available in Europeand I have something for black bikes.

CWDK

by CWDK

Exciting project. Looking forward to follow it. Eller...glæder mig til at følge med ;)

I'm also waiting for a CAAD10 frame in anodized black. Looking forward to see how it performs.

Regards
Mads

elviento

by elviento

Looks really promising. The fork weight is out of this world.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Det ser pisse fedt ud!

Where did you get the Caad10 frame in EU?

regards,
Patrick

MagnusH

by MagnusH

If you're in Copenhagen you could try to talk with DaVinci cykler (or another Cannondale dealer). I'm getting a Caad10 frameset from them.

CWDK

by CWDK

Yeah Da Vinci sells CAAD10 framekit. But the prices are getting crazy high for 2013 models...

MagnusH

by MagnusH

There's list price and then there's real price. Not always the same. bikemarket.de has caad10 framesets at a good price but the site seems a bit sketchy and they don't respond emails (IME).

Anders

by Anders

CaptainP wrote:Det ser pisse fedt ud!

Where did you get the Caad10 frame in EU?

regards,
Patrick

I bought it from a German shop called bikes2race.de

It was the only place I could find it in a size 60 and in BBQ. The black anodised would be nice too, but the price was too high with Dura Ace.

Anders

by Anders

Took delivery of the bike yesterday. Frame weight is 1330g, exactly the same as the CAAD8 from 2006. Top and down tube dimension are just extreme in comparison and I look forward to feel how much difference that make in front end stiffness. The CAAD8 is already build up again and commuting to work this morning confirmed that it's the new SRAM Red that's going on this bike. Shimano just feel slow, doesn't engage instantly and the travel of the levers are just too long. SRAM is fast, has short travel and a more positive feel. The Hunting for good deals have set in and a 2013 Red RD is already on the way.

Anders

by Anders

Estimated weight is 6.7 kg. Still considering if I should sell the Hollowgrams and go for the new Red crankset? Weight wise they are about the same. Decals for the fork is on the way, so that will go to the painter soon.

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Personally i would probably get the new red crank. Looks good and by all accounts is excellent.

Will look a bit different on the caad10, as everyone seems to have hollowgrams now.
You could also just get the new spidering and keep the old arms.

kenz76

by kenz76

keep the Hollowgrams, they're classic! just like the aluminium Cannondale. :wink:

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

never ever would i consider to trade off a hollowgram si sl crankset against smth from sram. never ever!
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com