Challenge NEW Limus mud tubular

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

Frans

by Frans

Is that when the tyre is at the top or at the bottom when contacting the ground?

When looking at the top of the tyre from above the bike, do I want the open part of the Y facing forward or backwards?

cheers

challenge
in the industry

by challenge

Frans wrote:Is that when the tyre is at the top or at the bottom when contacting the ground?

When looking at the top of the tyre from above the bike, do I want the open part of the Y facing forward or backwards?

cheers

Open part facing forward for more traction.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

The Limus works well in muddy conditions

Frans

by Frans

They do, they're really great. I used them yesterday on a VERY muddy race and they saved me a couple times on muddy & grassy corners. They're the first time I've had a tyre wash out on me but then re-engage 2-4 inches later with me staying up. The corners were bad yesterday, you had to ride the flat ones "outrigger" style, it was a hoot actually.

Next step is I need to experiment with how low I can go with them - I ran them at 40psi b/c I was late for the start and didn't have a small pump with me. I've made the mistake a couple times of over-deflating my tyres, learning they were too low, then not being close enuf to the pits to skoot over, put a couple strokes in then scoot back and not miss my gridding. It's all about practicing the pre-race routine I guess.

challenge
in the industry

by challenge

Frans wrote:They do, they're really great. I used them yesterday on a VERY muddy race and they saved me a couple times on muddy & grassy corners. They're the first time I've had a tyre wash out on me but then re-engage 2-4 inches later with me staying up. The corners were bad yesterday, you had to ride the flat ones "outrigger" style, it was a hoot actually.

Next step is I need to experiment with how low I can go with them - I ran them at 40psi b/c I was late for the start and didn't have a small pump with me. I've made the mistake a couple times of over-deflating my tyres, learning they were too low, then not being close enuf to the pits to skoot over, put a couple strokes in then scoot back and not miss my gridding. It's all about practicing the pre-race routine I guess.

Nice! Thanks for the feedback.
I agree with you that pressure is very important.
Always try to have a few laps before the race playing with pressure to find the one that suites you best.
challenge :beerchug:

LVGH

by LVGH

Just replaced my Rocket Ron clinchers with Limus open tubular. Was quite shocked with the 100g weight difference. Per tire!! :shock: Hope they make up for it in Crr. At least they look better.

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

Frans wrote:They do, they're really great. I used them yesterday on a VERY muddy race and they saved me a couple times on muddy & grassy corners. They're the first time I've had a tyre wash out on me but then re-engage 2-4 inches later with me staying up. The corners were bad yesterday, you had to ride the flat ones "outrigger" style, it was a hoot actually.

Next step is I need to experiment with how low I can go with them - I ran them at 40psi b/c I was late fess.

wahts your weight ?

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

Any idea if these can be ran tubeless?

challenge
in the industry

by challenge

We have not experimented yet on tubeless solution on our tires but I have heard some riders have run them tubeless.
I don’t know what sealant was used but they told us it worked. The problem we see with running them tubeless is the
pressure. You need higher pressure to hold the beads in place so you lose the advantage of low pressure compared to
using a latex inner tube.
If anyone has some information on running them tubeless please let us know.

Fisherfreerider

by Fisherfreerider

I have been using other tires VERY successfully tubeless at pressures as low as 28psi. Just in need of a more strictly mud tire.

elmar schrauth
Shop Owner

by elmar schrauth

you can run them tubeless