Hey hey, returning to carbon.... 695SR finally lands.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Steve_W

by Steve_W

Looks familiar, perfect! Although I would say that.
Well done!
Great minds think alike.

true

by true

Thanks Steve, I gotta say... it's a special ride. Teamed up with the Lightweight's it is hell light! Gotta ask you.. have you tried the black elastomer? Oh and the sound the Lightweights make when breaking are pretty cool too.

Weighs in at 6.1kg, I was hoping to get it under 6kg but that'll do me :) :)

Nice to look at so thought I'd post it again!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Steve_W

by Steve_W

I havn't tried the black elastomer, the roads are quite rough here in the uk. I'm almost certain it would make the ride to harsh for me.
It took me 3 month to settle with the characteristics of the look, recovering from a broken wrist didn't help.
I do enjoy the bike, however beware, this build can, and will spit you off the second you lack concentration on rough roads.
Enjoy and hang on!
Ps....I replaced my lightweights with generation 3's last month and I'm liking a lot.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Beautiful machine. The cranks look way better with the chainrings.
oh, and I hope you mean the sound of your Lightweights when braking ;)

true

by true

Cheers guys, LOL yeah I meant braking. I'd be crying if they were really breaking.

Totally get you bout the bike, it deserve the riders utmost attention like ALL the time.

Love the cornering too, it is razor sharp.

davec

by davec

Lovely build. How does it feel going from SRAM to SR? Do the up/downshifts get confusing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

True: this is one of my favorite bikes. Congrats. I'd love to know the weight and frame size.
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

true

by true

Davec, you mean from SRAM to Super Record (SR)? Umm I've only ever had RED on this bike, but I have SR on another and its ok, once you roll for about 10-15mins you just adapt to whatever the shifting style is. I don't find it that difficult, I have DA on another bike and its kinda nice have some changes.

Fourthbook, thanks mate :D The frame size is a Small and she weighs in at 6.12kg to be exact.

She is just a tad heavier (6.5kg) with the power tap set of wheels below.

davec

by davec

Yea I was asking because I've ridden SRAM for years and then just this weekend rode a dogma 65.1 think2 with EPS and it felt very strange to shift down the cassette with the thumb! I always thought it was the other way around, but thanks for letting me know the confusion is only temporary! I would hate to be in a race situation and forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shn750

by shn750

Holy Crap! That 695 looks great! Good job on the build. Can I ask you to measure the top of your saddle to the center of the bottom bracket? I'm thinking about getting the same size and I want to visualize how it might look based on your seat post height. Also what length stem is on it?

Congrats on the an awesome bike :beerchug:

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

*LOVE* the black Cielo. I'd buy one of them right now if they did custom geometry.

I might start a daily email campaign to them to hassle them enough to build me one... :lol:

true

by true

As requested :) Middle of BB to top of saddle is 725mm. The stem is a 110mm and with the Look stem it is adjustable, currently running at 100mm.

BikeTart, no doubt the Cielo's are special, not many floating around at all. I posted this in the "Anyone still riding a Steel" post but here it is. Took it out on a 129km ride yesterday found it perfect for the longer rides. I put fresh tyres and a new chain on, the ride is just solid.

BTW, been checking out some Baum's very nice bike you have BT!

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks for the pic, and for the bike compliment :D