Rip off dogma

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

austke

by austke

This one is fake, But is better looking than some originals that I have seen, The LE Yellow reds are real apparently.
Cheers austke
Attachments
$(KGrHqRHJBwFBEtCeO8bBQcqHqkQj!~~60_3.jpg
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Hahaha, Lightweight stickers :lol:

I bet that SRAM Red Yellow is fake and made from chips.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

austke

by austke

Kasparz wrote:Hahaha, Lightweight stickers :lol:

I bet that SRAM Red Yellow is fake and made from chips.

Haha, Yes I liked the MOST LIGHTWEIGHT next to the little Lightweight stickers lol. And yes the yellow Sram is no dought fake, crazy price of $2650 on ebay so far. ridiculous what people are willing to pay. I just liked the matching of component colours, but certainly not for that sort of money :shock: Price is nearing what I have seen authentic? ones going for.
Most Prince of Spain builds I have seen are yellow/red frame with mostly black (carbon) components, so to have the whole build with the red/yellow/white theme, I thought was cool.

Have a good day.
austke
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg

crohnsy

by crohnsy

People are faking group sets now? How are they being faked?

lechat

by lechat

Wouldn't be feasible to counterfeit a groupset, a little more investment than a cf mold and a bit of paint. The TDF scheme may not be original. $2650 is a bit for a copy, a lotta bike for the $ tho. A little loud for my taste. Would have to return it to its generic, and lighter, roots.
Crazy amount of labor in that paint, would probably be $2k+ to have done here in the states.

crohnsy

by crohnsy

Just so everyone in this thread is aware... Sram released a "yellow" Red group set. They called it LTE and released it in limited quantities at the end of 2010/2011..

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

austke wrote:This one is fake, But is better looking than some originals that I have seen, The LE Yellow reds are real apparently.
Cheers austke

That used to be Valverdes bike. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

mrfish

by mrfish

Yeah, that has about as much credibility as his palmares.

Notice the aero Dogma seat post but Price paint. I guess it's difficult to get all the details right. But when someone does put in an indistinguishable bb cable guide, 4 rivets for the FD, proper cable routing, right small parts like headset cap, copies a barcode from a bike with the same paint and similar size, Pinarello will have a real problem as the fake will be the same weight as the original, with same quality paint...

Methinks Pinarello needs to move a little faster in the R&D department.

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Guys, that red/yellow Pinarello is legit.

Pinarello released a Spanish National Champion paint scheme several years ago. A kid I race against has one - purchased from Competitive Cyclist.

And the yellow Sram Red is real as well. As said, Sram released the LTE version a few years ago.

Finally, the Most LW Wheels are made by Lightweight for Pinarello.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

:lol: :lol:

When Pinarello aficionados believe that a real Pinarello is a fake one.
Or when a fake Pinarello looks like a real one enough to make people think it's the real thing.

It's awfully close.

Here's the real deal via Evan's:

A small wager also say that if both frame (real and fake) were built with the same components and fit, 99% of Pinarello riders would not be able to tell the difference in a 'blind' test for ride performance.
Last edited by prendrefeu on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

topflightpro wrote:Guys, that red/yellow Pinarello is legit.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not? The wheels....

davidalone

by davidalone

a friend rides a dogma rip off. he's a strong rider and he races on it.
does perfectly fine.

on the other hand I've had a few other friends ride open mold frames, they are also fine but the ride quality isnt very good. they are light, but they feel very dead when riding.

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Does the Red/Yellow color scheme come with a painted Campagnolo chainring too?

petepeterson

by petepeterson

prendrefeu wrote:A small wager also say that if both frame (real and fake) were built with the same components and fit, 99% of Pinarello riders would not be able to tell the difference in a 'blind' test for ride performance.

This is precisely how I feel on the issue. I have a 'rip-off' R5ca (I call it the R5cn) that is nice to ride. (No decals of course 8) )

No offense friends, and this more so applies to less informed forums that WW, but I am of the belief that most forum bike reviewers are going on 95% placebo. "It feels really good when I sprint." or "It feels dead". ok..... what does that mean?

It would be interesting to see some controlled comparison tests on not only ride but also stiffness between the real and fakes out there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

austke

by austke

Let me clarify again. The Frameset is 100% a taiwan made copy. Not genuine pinarello. Seller Admits this in advertisement. They say openly that the only genuine parts ar the cranks (LTE Yellow SRAM Red),The seat and post. The wheelset is not genuine either. The frame has very minor descrepancies to a genuine Prince of Spain when viewed closer.
Also to clarify. I do not lnow the owner/seller and have no financial interest. Just like the overall colour scheme of All parts.
Austke
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg