BB30 Chainset weights

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stevenb

by stevenb

Looking for a new BB30 chainset and wanting to know if when they give weights it includes the bottom bracket.
eg SRAM Force says 645g w/bb. Does the 'w' mean with or without?
FSA SL-K Carbon chainset website shows figures under 'Crankweight' which I'm guessing excludes the bottom bracket element especially as it's under the 600g mark.

Cheers

Steve
Planet X RT-57 custom build ongoing....

rijndael

by rijndael

stevenb wrote:Does the 'w' mean with or without?

w = with
w/o = without

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Estelja

by Estelja

Most BB30 stated crank weights will be without BB. The BB is only two 6806 size bearings, circlips, a couple of dust caps and some shims. A typical BB30 BB will weigh 65-70 grams and are sold separately from the cranks.

stevenb

by stevenb

Estelja wrote:Most BB30 stated crank weights will be without BB. The BB is only two 6806 size bearings, circlips, a couple of dust caps and some shims. A typical BB30 BB will weigh 65-70 grams and are sold separately from the cranks.

Thanks for that.
So if I have an existing FSA Gossamer Pro BB30 chainset and upgrade to a SRAM Force or FSA SL-K Carbon I can simply retain the existing BB bearings in the frame or do I have to buy SRAM/FSA specific bearings?

First BB30 bike I've had you see.
Cheers for your help guys.
Planet X RT-57 custom build ongoing....

Anders

by Anders

Depends on if the spacers/dust caps comes with the crankset or the BB. They might also be integrated into the crankarms, I know they are on some FSA cranksets. Yes you can use the same bearings.