Ritte Bosberg

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

thegreatlakes

by thegreatlakes

So sold my R3 team for a bosberg. Wanted a better machine for racing, with a geometry that was more suitable for my height and style of riding. The Bosberg is an exceptional bike. Very well built, stiff as ever and accelerates so easily. I am in love with it. Waiting for the final bit of parts to come in, new elite carbon cages and a full Deda cockpit. As photographed - sram force/rival, rotor 3D+, king Ti cages, FSA aluminium cockpit, Zipp 404's, Fi'zi:k arione Ki:um, Look keo carbon pedals.

Current weight with the 404's is 14.7lbs, or 6.6kg. New parts should put it around 14.5lbs. I enjoy a light bike but I would rather have a reliable race machine, which is what this beauty is all about. Shaving a few grams here and there doesn't hurt 8) . Will post new photos and a complete build list when everything is in.

TGL

The site won't let me upload proper photos, so the small ones are a taste. But here is a link to full sized photos for viewing pleasure.
1) http://the10speedcognition.tumblr.com/image/34648541059
2) http://the10speedcognition.tumblr.com/image/34648767170
Attachments
tumblr_mcq0ekmhQj1rqdq48o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mcq0l6GOKN1rqdq48o1_1280.jpg

davec

by davec

Always liked these frames. Nice build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Don't know anything about these frames but they are very pleasing to my eye. I've seen a few on this forum but never commented. What's the story behind them? Perhaps I'll do a "search" but I'm feeling lazy right now and this thread seems as appropriate a place as any to ask the question and plead my ignorance of what appears to be a very nice frame.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Love it. That's a good solid race bike.

I'd go with black tape and Arundel Mandibles though, but that's just me.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Krull

by Krull

yes, black tape and other bottle cages-then ist perfect.

very beautiful, distinct frameset.

kamil1891

by kamil1891

one of my favourites :) I would buy if I just had money :D

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Calnago wrote:Don't know anything about these frames but they are very pleasing to my eye. I've seen a few on this forum but never commented. What's the story behind them? Perhaps I'll do a "search" but I'm feeling lazy right now and this thread seems as appropriate a place as any to ask the question and plead my ignorance of what appears to be a very nice frame.

fancy painted open mold frameset (well maybe the mold is proprietary to ritte or something) , but yea they are painted china frames. Not trolling just sayin'. I too like the look of these frames.

http://rittecycles.com/carbon/

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

they look great. I'd consider Ritte blue tape, but the white is nice and euro.

thegreatlakes

by thegreatlakes

Ritte designs the frames in California and have engineers in Asia who manufacture it. I know there is a post on here that shows the frame for dirt cheap from an online site but it is very different than the one Ritte produces(ie, different seat stays, no internal cable routing, etc). They are not simply mass produced carbon frames slapped with fancy paint. I find it much more responsive then the Cervelo. It handles better, especially while descending and is really a comfortable ride considering I went down two sizes from the 61cm R3. That ISP makes it feel like the road is freshly paved, with little vibration making it to the saddle. Really happy with the bike.

Swapped out the cages with carbon Elites, still waiting on Deda stem and bars. And am keeping the white tape. Contrast for one, and white is so much more Euro than black. :)

gospastic

by gospastic

Great frame, I've had mine for over 2 years and still love it.

MoPho

by MoPho

thegreatlakes wrote:Ritte designs the frames in California and have engineers in Asia who manufacture it. I know there is a post on here that shows the frame for dirt cheap from an online site but it is very different than the one Ritte produces(ie, different seat stays, no internal cable routing, etc). They are not simply mass produced carbon frames slapped with fancy paint. I find it much more responsive then the Cervelo. It handles better, especially while descending and is really a comfortable ride considering I went down two sizes from the 61cm R3. That ISP makes it feel like the road is freshly paved, with little vibration making it to the saddle. Really happy with the bike.

Swapped out the cages with carbon Elites, still waiting on Deda stem and bars. And am keeping the white tape. Contrast for one, and white is so much more Euro than black. :)

I was thinking about buying one myself and doing research I had found posts here on WW's by Spencer admitting it was the same as a Pedalforce frame See discussion here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98718&start=30#p841866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still wouldn't stop me from buying one had they not raised the price to a point where I struggled to justify it. Nice bike none the less :thumbup:

tonytourist

by tonytourist

They're nice rides, a riding buddy of mine has a few Rittes and likes them.
I've been tempted to take his Bosberg or Crossberg out for a ride, but we run different pedals :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thegreatlakes

by thegreatlakes

MoPho wrote:
thegreatlakes wrote:Ritte designs the frames in California and have engineers in Asia who manufacture it. I know there is a post on here that shows the frame for dirt cheap from an online site but it is very different than the one Ritte produces(ie, different seat stays, no internal cable routing, etc). They are not simply mass produced carbon frames slapped with fancy paint. I find it much more responsive then the Cervelo. It handles better, especially while descending and is really a comfortable ride considering I went down two sizes from the 61cm R3. That ISP makes it feel like the road is freshly paved, with little vibration making it to the saddle. Really happy with the bike.

I was thinking about buying one myself and doing research I had found posts here on WW's by Spencer admitting it was the same as a Pedalforce frame See discussion here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=98718&start=30#p841866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still wouldn't stop me from buying one had they not raised the price to a point where I struggled to justify it. Nice bike none the less :thumbup:

The Big difference in the frames is the internal cable housing and seat stays. The PF frame has drastically different stays than my bosberg. The 2013 bosberg is a completely new frame design and I have a feeling Ritte but a bit more work into distinguishing it from other chinese brands. I do agree that the 2013 price is too much. Boutique style companies always jack up prices.