The CAAD Build Thread...

Moderator: Moderator Team

gilv

by gilv

Love this bike! What kind of fork did you use? a 29er carbon fork?

altergrafx wrote:Capo, SSCX build.

by Weenie

MrHeng

by MrHeng

2012 52CM CAAD 10 BOB
Sram Red shifters
Cannondale C3 stem (110mm)
Cannondale C2 handlebar
Fizik Microtex Bartape
Prologo nago evo bob edition
Arundel sport ( black )
Sram Force crank arm
Sram tt chainrings ( 53/39 )
Sram Rival front & rear d
Sram chain and brakes
Rofl prima echelon sl with kenda kaliente

altergrafx

by altergrafx

Thanks. The fork is a chinese one.

Dimitri

by Dimitri

CAAD 7. at 6.65kg as pictured (without pedals).

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

That looks really nice, Dimitri!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Dimitri, I like it a lot!
But I think it needs a black seatpost.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

I agree about the black seatpost.......also can we get specs?

Dimitri

by Dimitri

thanks guys! im not 100% sold on the silver post but it is a WIP. its a bit miss matched right now, actually there is a story to that.

the frame is is CAAD 7 by all accounts, but has CAAD5 decals on the seat tube. i bought it as "new" from ebay. it doesnt seem to have been re painted nor ridden. the serial number identifies it as a 7 (as well as the BB30, s bend seat stays, cable guides on the HT) so it is a bit odd.

i am considering a re paint/stripping it to raw, hence the silver post and silver Ilinks. Almost blasphemy being a saeco edition, except for that pesky incorrect seat tube decal! Still deciding.

anyway, some specs.

frame - CAAD 7 56cm
fork - Slice
groupset - Sram force BB30
chain - KMC X10L
cassette - powerdome (old version)
stem - ARX pro 120mm 6*(definitely temporary)
headset - integrated with 20mm high stack PRO headset dust cap
bar - 3T ergosum limited 44cm
tape - SRAM lightweight bar tape.
gear cables - mini ilinks
brake cables - i links
GPS - Bryton rider 40
seat clamp - stock cannondale
seat post - thomson masterpeice set back
saddle - selle slr flow
cage - 1x 3T carbon

i use look pedals. carbon max 2, which i have some ti spindles for that im yet to fit.

wheels - are american classic, micro 58 front and high low rear (taken from a set of 420 aero's) radial front, triplet rear 3x/radial, laced with CX-rays to some ebay 50mm tubulars. 1250g total. I am using conti sprinter tires right now. simply because i felt safer with their puncture protection, but im keen to try something nicer.

there is still some easy places to shed weight, but i do usually run it with clinchers. the goal is 6.8kg with pedals on clincher wheels.

Timo

by Timo

Dimitri wrote:i am considering a re paint/stripping it to raw

Don't! That would be a criminal offence, the Saeco red is awsome.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

Dimitri wrote:thanks guys! im not 100% sold on the silver post but it is a WIP. its a bit miss matched right now, actually there is a story to that.

the frame is is CAAD 7 by all accounts, but has CAAD5 decals on the seat tube. i bought it as "new" from ebay. it doesnt seem to have been re painted nor ridden. the serial number identifies it as a 7 (as well as the BB30, s bend seat stays, cable guides on the HT) so it is a bit odd.

i am considering a re paint/stripping it to raw, hence the silver post and silver Ilinks. Almost blasphemy being a saeco edition, except for that pesky incorrect seat tube decal! Still deciding.

anyway, some specs.

frame - CAAD 7 56cm
fork - Slice
groupset - Sram force BB30
chain - KMC X10L
cassette - powerdome (old version)
stem - ARX pro 120mm 6*(definitely temporary)
headset - integrated with 20mm high stack PRO headset dust cap
bar - 3T ergosum limited 44cm
tape - SRAM lightweight bar tape.
gear cables - mini ilinks
brake cables - i links
GPS - Bryton rider 40
seat clamp - stock cannondale
seat post - thomson masterpeice set back
saddle - selle slr flow
cage - 1x 3T carbon

i use look pedals. carbon max 2, which i have some ti spindles for that im yet to fit.

wheels - are american classic, micro 58 front and high low rear (taken from a set of 420 aero's) radial front, triplet rear 3x/radial, laced with CX-rays to some ebay 50mm tubulars. 1250g total. I am using conti sprinter tires right now. simply because i felt safer with their puncture protection, but im keen to try something nicer.

there is still some easy places to shed weight, but i do usually run it with clinchers. the goal is 6.8kg with pedals on clincher wheels.

What is the weight as it sits now?

Stunning bike by the way. I have always loved that shade of red.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

Dimitri wrote:the frame is is CAAD 7 by all accounts, but has CAAD5 decals on the seat tube. i bought it as "new" from ebay. it doesnt seem to have been re painted nor ridden. the serial number identifies it as a 7 (as well as the BB30, s bend seat stays, cable guides on the HT) so it is a bit odd.

i am considering a re paint/stripping it to raw, hence the silver post and silver Ilinks. Almost blasphemy being a saeco edition, except for that pesky incorrect seat tube decal! Still decide.

it isn't always easy to find out what kind of cannondale you got :lol:
But this is a really fine frame i think. Who cares about the decal..
Lovely

mearkb

by mearkb

This is my yoke. CAAD10 1 in almost stock build. I've got it built with 53-39 chainrings (got it for £350 less from the LBS by getting it with compacts and just bought a set of 110BCD chainrings for £35, looking at potentially Hollowgram SL'ing the life out of it at some point), Elite bottle cages and have a set of HED Carbonlite Stinger v2.5s for it, which have only one slight problem with them... the rear freehub is campy and I can't get a new cassette body anywhere... anyone got any suggestions for places to look? They're american classic hubs, 2004. If not, any reasonably cheap (I'm a student), light and durable rear (or both) hubs recommended to rebuild the rims onto?

cmdr199212

by cmdr199212

Hmmm can you not find a shimano freehub body? I had a set of corima rims build onto american classic hubs, and it had a campy freehub but came with a shimano, switching out was farily easy

quattrings

by quattrings

majklnajt wrote:Dimitri, I like it a lot!
But I think it needs a black seatpost.

If anything it needs more shiny silver parts, a nice silver stem and a 7700/7800 groupo. also the forks would look much better blacked out.

It's remeniscent of some of these fourwheeled thoroughbreds.Image

by Weenie

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Yes, you can do that too. But as the bike is build now, the only thing that stands out "wrong" is the shiny seatpost.