Extreme Makeover: Trek 1500 Edition - [Complete pics Page 2]

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Miller76

by Miller76

These builds are always the most interesting to me... Anyone can walk Into a store, write a cheque and stroll out with something awesome, but the individuality in a build like this captures my imagination - subscribed - and cannot wait to see the next step!!

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Sorry folks for the lack of updates.

The bike has been built up for a while but not yet complete, that's why I'm refraining from posting complete pictures. My rear Lightweight wheel needs some attention and the fork steerer needs trimming, when all this is done I promise I'll provide the finished pics!

I'm also using my brother's zero gravity brakes as I still haven't got the spare parts for my M5 brakes.

I've been riding the arse off this thing and I love it to bits!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2002maniac

by 2002maniac

Beautiful bike and great photography! How about a build list and final weight?

smithrebel46

by smithrebel46

Love the build. This might make the fork look a bit cleaner:

http://ax-lightness.de/en/cycling/bike-components/translate-to-englisch-gabeln/magic-hood/

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Okay so I have an update. I'd like to show you the complete bike but some small modifications have been made for riding in the Winter. Aluminium clinchers on - they're Kinlin XR200s, Sapim CX rays 20/24 and bikehubstore hubs. Amazing wheels and amazing value for money. They're about 1300g for the set.
Also I've put my carbon chainrings to rest for the winter so they don't get worn so fast. I've got some 49/39 alloy rings on which are only one tooth bigger so they work well for me.

Here's a pic of it in its current guise:

artray

by artray

CarpetFibre That is one mean and lean bike . It works really well . I really like those wheels with the Veloflex. Very original build with some well placed high end parts . Those forks look awesome IMO . :thumbup: :thumbup: This is what WW is all about .

cerro

by cerro

Serious build, except the seatmount. Would look much better and normal with the saddle a bit further back. And you need to get a light front derailleur clamp. And a picture with what looks to me like a Bora wheel :)

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Okay so I got my rear wheel fixed and here is my bike with all the bling on:

artray

by artray

Awesome ...I do have a soft spot for the Kinlins infact I just got myself some and i'm going to build a set. Your bike has inspired me . :thumbup:

Timo

by Timo

I still don't see the point of the position of that saddle. Have you tried a shorter stem and/or handlebar with less drop and the saddle further back?

Minor detail: shorthen the brake cables and get shorter valve extenders!
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

Artray: Yes the kinlins are superb wheels! They're super smooth too when paired up with the Veloflexes, I enjoy riding them almost as much as the Lightweights.

Timo: I have short femurs so the effective setback is greater than it looks. I simply can't produce power effectively if I'm sat further back. It's not that far forward to reduce the reach, it's just I can't get comfortable or engage the legs properly if I'm sat back. The bike is set up very deliberately and feels great on the road, I have never before been so comfortable and fast on a bike so I'm fairly sure I'm doing things right for me.
Good eye on the brake cables! Yes they're long because those aren't the brakes I'll be using forever - I have some M5 Ligfietsen brakes that I'm still waiting on some spare parts, so I've left the cables slightly long just in case. ;)

Thanks for the comments!

trychle

by trychle

Awesome bike!

Pedals do not count as 'bling' I guess? :idea:

kgt

by kgt

Nice but IMHO you need a 650c bike.

Elrey

by Elrey

really great looking bike. F... 650c bikes.

record

by record

kgt wrote:Nice but IMHO you need a 650c bike.

No, he doesn't. Saddlle height is quite big.
A light bike does replace good fitness.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com