Lightweight Meilenstein

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Pablos71
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:52 pm

by Pablos71

Hi Andreas,

Can you tell us whether there are plans to release a meilenstein obermayer with the new 47.5m rim profile please ?

Thanks

P

User avatar
HammerTime2
Posts: 5422
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:
HammerTime2 wrote:Is there going to be a Gen. IV GIPFELSTURM? If so, what will be the differences from the Gen. III GIPFELSTURM?

Please be patient for some more days, as we don't want to post all news before Eurobike...
It is now past Eurobike and Interbike. Has CarbonSports made any announcement regarding any changes to or new versions of GIPFELSTURM?

by Weenie


reggiebaseball
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:13 am

by reggiebaseball

after Interbike they put Andreas back in his box and he has no wifi.

User avatar
CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm
Contact:

by CarbonSportsGmbH

Pablos71 wrote:Hi Andreas,
Can you tell us whether there are plans to release a meilenstein obermayer with the new 47.5m rim profile please ?
Thanks
P

=> there won't be a Obermayer in 47,5mm within the next year.


HammerTime2 wrote:Is there going to be a Gen. IV GIPFELSTURM? If so, what will be the differences from the Gen. III GIPFELSTURM?

=> same answer as above
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

sungod
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:37 pm
Location: it's raining, it must be uk

by sungod

phew!

after months of dithering and thinking about the money, i splurged on some obermayers in july

then when i realised it was new product season, and the pictures of the mysterious box appeared, i wondered did i buy a little too soon

but they are lovely wheels, even if one day there is a new generation

Pablos71
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 2:52 pm

by Pablos71

Hi Andreas,

Thank you so much for your continued customer support and information. It is soooooooooo refreshing. I am now off to work out the best lie to tell my wife when she realises another set of wheels are on the way

:D

keong72
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:26 am

by keong72

Hi Andreas,

May I know LW can custom the spoke colour to red? Coz my new bike is colnago CF8 and now I got LW gold obermayer need one more set obermayer white mix red spoke, thank.

User avatar
CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm
Contact:

by CarbonSportsGmbH

keong72 wrote:[...] May I know LW can custom the spoke colour to red?[...]

We don't do individual design, but we work together with Michael Conde, who is a genious airbrusher. Just have a look at andersARTiges.de => Fahrräder
Of course you can task every airbrusher you want... would make things easier to take someone near you.
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

konky
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 pm

by konky

Andreas

A quick question please

With the MY2013 Meilenstein (NOT SPRINT) with 11sp hub you say you can use a 10 speed cassette and you say a 21T or 23T cassette won't rub (deraileur against spokes). Could you use a 25T or even a 27T or 28T?

LionelB
Posts: 1440
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm
Location: Aix en Provence

by LionelB

are the meilenstein on the road yet ?

User avatar
CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm
Contact:

by CarbonSportsGmbH

konky wrote:With the MY2013 Meilenstein (NOT SPRINT) with 11sp hub you say you can use a 10 speed cassette and you say a 21T or 23T cassette won't rub (deraileur against spokes). Could you use a 25T or even a 27T or 28T?

With 20spoked rear wheels there should be no problems even with 27T or 28T


LionelB wrote:are the meilenstein on the road yet ?

Yes, they are:
Meilenstein Gen. III (51mm profile, still laminated for 10speed) started spring 2012
Meilenstein Gen. IV (47mm profile, laminated for 11speed) started Eurobike 2012
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

Ulle
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:51 pm

by Ulle

CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:Yes, they are:
Meilenstein Gen. III (51mm profile, still laminated for 10speed) started spring 2012
Meilenstein Gen. IV (47mm profile, laminated for 11speed) started Eurobike 2012


Both available ? :beerchug:

record
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:02 pm
Location: EU

by record

why the height was reduced?
A light bike does replace good fitness.

User avatar
CarbonSportsGmbH
in the industry
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm
Contact:

by CarbonSportsGmbH

Ulle wrote:
CarbonSportsGmbH wrote:Yes, they are:
Meilenstein Gen. III (51mm profile, still laminated for 10speed) started spring 2012
Meilenstein Gen. IV (47mm profile, laminated for 11speed) started Eurobike 2012

Both available ? :beerchug:

=> ask your LBS... production of Gen. III will stop ~ end of the year


record wrote:why the height was reduced?

  • less sensitivity for crosswinds
  • better aerodynamics
  • same shape as the clinchers
  • completely different production compared to Gen. III
  • (some more reasons...)
Andreas Schiwy, CarbonSports GmbH
http://www.lightweight.info
support[at]lightweight.info

by Weenie


konky
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:26 pm

by konky

Just heard my Gen IV Meilenstein 2013 wheelset is scheduled to arrive at Sigma Sport on 10th December. Sigma are UK based.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post