Lapierre Xelius FDJ Build (Update 10.01 - Finished w/ PICS)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

mgrennie wrote:From personal experience, I bet you'll be keeping this frame a long time...
How'd the ride go?

The ride didn't happen. I need a KMC missing link so that I can extend the chain two links. I needed to run yesterday anyway due to my training schedule. Tonight will be mountain biking, and tomorrow should be the first real shakedown. Hopefully all will go well.

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

How is the New Ultimate seatpost?
I want to get a lightweight zero offset seatpost and this seems like a reasonable choice.
I'm looking for a seatpost that i can set up and just forget about it..I really don't want no slippage

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

I haven't really tested the NU seatpost yet, but I am not expecting any issues. Hopefully after 1000 miles or so I will have a positive update.

lruiz

by lruiz

Very nice build.

I have a chance to pick up a similar frame in a 52cm at a very reasonable price. I am wondering on sizing and hope that you could share some info. I know that there are many factors to take into account but trying to get a general idea. I am 5'7" with a 30" inseam.

Thanks.

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

As you say, there are a lot of things to consider with sizing, but the 52cm frame has a 55cm ETT, similar to a 54cm Tarmac or Orbea. In other words, it isn't what most people would call a 52. I would imagine that it would not be a good fit for you, as it is on the long side for me at 5'10" with a +2 reach.

robikka

by robikka

to Iruiz : same here, I am 179cm and for the first time I bought large size (55) and it was big for me, I am riding medium now (52) and it is perfect, so do not make the same mistake, top tube length is important with this frame not the seat tube (frame sizing)

xFree

by xFree

Very nice! :thumbup:

stef32

by stef32

do you know if they make a 50mm wheelset?
thanks

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Yes. Farsports offers tons of rims and multiple build options.

NGMN

by NGMN

Can you tell us what was included in frame weight? Such as cage bolts or seatpost clamp?

Marzz

by Marzz

I checked out the 2013 Xelius 900 at my local on the weekend - very nice - much beefier, so obviously an increase in stiffness was their new objective.
S-Works Venge

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

NGMN wrote:Can you tell us what was included in frame weight? Such as cage bolts or seatpost clamp?

if I remember correctly it was the derailleur hanger, one internal cable stop, and the bottom bracket cable guide.