Isaac Sonic 09

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Nice ride! I too ended up with a Thomson/Thomson combo (elite setback and X4), something about it just seemed to fit the Sonic frame especially well, I think it's the industrial look. I'm also long legged (this is a 55.5 size) and the frame works especially well with that body type.

Interesting that the 3T fork works well (and is much lighter). How is the stiffness compared to the stock fork? I find the stock one extremely stiff which is great most of the time but I find I get a bit of wrist soreness on really long bumpy days out (I run a stiff bar/stem w/ very thin tape so that doesn't help). What bar tape are you running, I like the look?

I've added a crappy pic here with Reynolds DV3KT which I've also managed to break a spoke on just like you did w/ the KOM's, oh well....

p.s. with a very workman-like Campag Athena build mine comes out in the mid 7kgs w/ the carbon tubbies
Attachments
Isaac09.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Krull

by Krull

Hi,
yes, long-legged body-type works perfect with the isaac geometry, conforms with my experience!

the 3t-fork is very stiff as well (as far, as i can estimate, because my weight is only 61 kg). concerning comfort, i cant notice any difference to the stock-fork.

the 3t makes the bike a bit more agile, because of the forks rake of 46 mm (isaac fork has 43 mm=>less trail with the 3t).

i am using fizik microtex-bartape. my absolute favorite.

thanks for adding your pic, very nice isaac-bike!

your bikes weight is absolutely acceptable, in my opinion. (the benefit of light weight appears to me being generelly overrated), mine weighs ca 7,0 kg with the fulcrum, and something like 6,8-6,9 kg with my american classic cr 350, which i am using, now, in the mountains.

Krull

by Krull

little update, nothing to get excited about, just new wheelset for the mountains. weight now solid 15,4 lbs, with everything.
best regards, krull

Last edited by Krull on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Kastrup

by Kastrup

This is my favourite looking bike on this forum. Absolutely stunning frame! Love the tubes shapes especially :thumbup:
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

artray

by artray

Very cool looking bike . :thumbup:

Krull

by Krull

Thank you guys-this is a real honour for me and my, compared to many others of the amazing bikes on this forum, modest mid-range bike. (but its one of the very few isaacs on this forum, so, i hope, it has its "raison d´etre" :wink: )

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Still hot after all these years ;)

Took mine for a spin the other night. It really is a fantastic 'roll the sleeves up' kinda bike.

Krull

by Krull

lucky guy-here, winter already said "hello", so, i changed to my winter-bike (Fausto Coppi-steel with powertap-wheelset, but i enjoy riding this one as well!)

in the forthcoming future, the isaac will only be used, occasionally, indoor, on the home-trainer. :frightened:

rongob

by rongob

Sorry to hi jack your thread but I have managed to acquire a 2004 isaac impulse,could anyone tell me if a 3t fork would fit this particular model of isaac frame.

Cheers

Krull

by Krull

Hi,
if your frame has the same shape like this one, you can use a 3t 1 1/8-1 1/4 fork.

but i think, you can use the 3t anyway, because they offer forks with various steerer diameters.