Can't decide what wheels to get.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

eric

by eric

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

NGMN wrote:have data on the wide Kinlin rim? I'd be very curious to see it.

There is none I know of and there probably won't be. There is data on the 101, and it didn't do that well (a 24mm tall rim beat it easily). Probably the shaping isn't that good for a 30mm tall rim.

I'd wager the Kinlin is better... it's nice and rounded.
formerly rruff...

NGMN

by NGMN

rruff, I've seen the Tour data on the 101. I think the 101 didn't necessarily do "bad" for its depth but the Winium did spectacularly well.

This makes me wonder how comparable 2010 Tour data where the EA90TT had watts numbers of 5.5/13.2/25.7(even lower than the Winium at the 25 and 30mph yaw distribution).

Anyway, this all kind of demonstrates the one thing that led to me asking about data in the first place. That guessing things like aerodynamics is kind of hard. Three very different wheels, three different ways to achieve better than average aero performance.

KH1

by KH1

I've had my 101's for a couple of weeks and ridden about 600Km's on them. Overall I'd say they are stiffer than anything else I own - including Ksyrium SL's, Fulcrum Racing 1's which are both incredibly stiff wheelsets. I'm not sure of the Aero advantage but they feel very smooth and and seem to hold speed well. Are they worth the money? I'd say probably not for what you get. They look great and you have a bit of Zipp kudos if that's important.
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

kavitator

by kavitator

KARBON SPEED?

eric

by eric

Expensive and heavy for re-branded chinese wheels. I think those are Farsports rims but they must be using the heavier M versions, and the hubs aren't that hot either.

I'd like to see someone resell Farsports stuff in the US. The typical 50% markup would be worth it to many people for good local service and warranty stock.

kavitator

by kavitator

Yes ...i still cant get how can someone sell carbonwheels like TOP SHOP commercial

Ok back to topic