On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

uraqt

by uraqt

basilic wrote:I see how these photos come across as bragging......

It's not bragging when your photos are as good as they are, it's art!!!!

C

dmp

by dmp

Basilic, it is obvious that your pictures are a result of talent, experience and a great eye for composition, but could you tell us what equipment you are using, and if you are using any post-production processing to achieve those lush colors?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Earth.

A cove just off the road... at 93°F and ~60miles into the ride, low tide.

Catalina Island, in full view end to end.

A pacified Pacific.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

basilic

by basilic

guy, thanks! I'll keep posting then ;-). If my pictures are any good it's really the subject (like the fog in the forest, or the sun reflecting on the tarmac). I try to keep it simple, put some geometric shape in there, a diagonal, an arc, symmetry - basic stuff. I have a panasonic lx5 camera, and I find that the default setting is mostly better than me fiddling with the options, and faster, I use it 80% of the time. No post processing, don't know how. The colors were intense because it was overcast, with enough light coming through the clouds.

Exotec, thanks for the nice pictures, and what's that bike of yours? looks fun.

exotec

by exotec

basilic wrote:Exotec, thanks for the nice pictures, and what's that bike of yours? looks fun.

it's a GEBLA (Georg Blaschke) Cyclocross steel frame - Zona and XCr. Georg's work is outstanding - he is e.g. the framebuilder of the VANDEYK roadframe (http://www.vandeyk.de/nightstream-road/), but I like his private label more (http://georgblaschkebikes.wordpress.com/)

JamieL

by JamieL

Looking up at the Pic-du-midi de Bigorre on our club run yesterday. The Tourmalet is up there somewhere and apparently is still open (until 1st November...)

Deus

by Deus

Got out for a lil' ride. Wet, Windy, Cold!! Flipping loved it!!!

http://app.strava.com/activities/26407575

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

Deus: Have you been to the Anglers Arms, a bit up the road? I can taste the cask ale from the other side of the Atlantic...
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

Dilbert

by Dilbert

thprice wrote:Dilbert, what other animals are on the nature reserve? None with teeth I hope. :shock:

Nothing hectic, the reserve has zebra, wildebeest, several species of antilope, some ostriches. The only things that can bite are snakes, but they hide and get out of the way of humans - I only saw one once. The biggest predators in the reserve are probably some large African pythons, but I have not seen any of these myself, yet.
Last edited by Dilbert on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deus

by Deus

Fourthbook wrote:Deus: Have you been to the Anglers Arms, a bit up the road? I can taste the cask ale from the other side of the Atlantic...

I'm unaware of any pub with that name around here?

Fourthbook

by Fourthbook

Deus, the Anglers Arms is not too far from the Scotland border; a great place for a meal and brew if you're that far north: http://www.anglersarms.com/

Cheers,

John
Wilier Cento1 SR
13.10 lbs (5.95 kgs) w/Enve 3.4-Tune 70/170 & Conti Competitions tubulars
12.53 lbs (5.68 kgs) w/FarSports 24-Extralite & Vittoria CX EVO II tubulars

Rush

by Rush

Dalai wrote:Hit the Yarra river single track Saturday afternoon on my CX bike...

How close is this to Banksia park in Bulleen? I took my son for a 5 km loop there on Saturday..he'd love to ride that single track.

Dalai

by Dalai

@Rush - second photo is a short easy loop around Willsmere Park, the first to be honest I'm not too sure. I haven't ridden there often and I just take the offshoots from the main yarra trail on the north side of the river from Burke road all the way out to Westerfolds park...

I've heard Westerfolds park and the parkland on the other side of Fitzsimons lane (google search for pink ribbon track aka Hans loop) has a good network of single track and might be worth checking out next with your son?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Deus

by Deus

Fourthbook wrote:Deus, the Anglers Arms is not too far from the Scotland border; a great place for a meal and brew if you're that far north: http://www.anglersarms.com/

Cheers,

John

That location for the Anglers Arms is 130 mile away from me! :D