Routes from 's-Hertogenbosch Netherlands?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

welkman

by welkman

Hi,

Im off to visit my freinds in 's-Hertogenbosch in a couple of weeks and may take my bike. Anyone got any good 40-50 mile routes from here? Can I drive anywhere for a ride? Is there any special precautions to take when riding in Holand?

Thanks,

James

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sjc166

by sjc166

It will not be hard to find a place to ride, bike paths are everywhere, although I am not sure about any specific routes though in that area (i am in The Hague). I get on google maps to plot out a journey in my area. Put a bell on your bike because the cloggies tend to ride two or even three wide on the paths but a quick ring on your bell and they move over for you. Also it's a fairly crappy time of the year with weather so a rain and/or wind proof jacket would be advised.

welkman

by welkman

So no riding on the road? I have ridden on the paths before and they seem to be too slow for a decent ride. When you get out of town can you ride on the roads legally?

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Hey James,

I live some 15 km's from 's-Hertogenbosch (or Den Bosch, as we mostly call it) and I log my routes with a Garmin. Maybe I can help you out? I always try to avoid small bicycle paths because I ride without a bell. Sites like gpsies.com also offer great possibilities for searching for routes in the neighborhood.

Let me know what I can do for you!

Cheers,

Sjoerd

jipperd

by jipperd

Hi James,

Like Sjoerd said, do a search on "den bosch' on the gpsies.com website. I run a race- and mountainbike store just outside the city (Rijnstraat 28, 's Hertogenbosch). Me might meet and do a ride together. Roads are fairly good over here, yet it's all flat, yet windy.

Please let me know if I can do anything for you.

Kind regards,
Jip

welkman

by welkman

Excellent guys, PMs coming your way.

welkman

by welkman

Also, what a great website.

welkman

by welkman

Sorry guys, the wife has decided to take me to the Dam for the day on my only cycling day :( I am out there a lot so I will contact you next time.

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

No problem, have fun in Amsterdam!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jipperd

by jipperd

As for cycling Amsterdam might not be the most ideal area, yet it's a very interesting and entertaining scenery. Enjoy your time and please don't bother to contact us if you're around.