Xiamen Far Sports Experiences

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kylefoo
in the industry
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China

by kylefoo

ph wrote:About people going for 4x front hub bearings:

From what I have seen, front hubs that use 4x bearings, have used 688 bearings (ie American Classic Micro 58, Bitex RAF10, BHS SuperLight Wide Front). I was hoping kylefoo could chime in with the bearings used in the ED hub and the Hubsmith front bearings.

Hi PH, yeah, our ED hub do has 4bearings in front, with 4*688 front and 4*6802 rear. while our FAR is 2*699 front and 2*6802+2*6902 rear. however, it is cheaper than ED hub. as i know, Hubsmith is 2*6800 front, 1*6801 and 3*6902 rear. in terms of 2bearings in front working well or 4 bearings front? guys have own opinions i think. hahaaa, great to talk with you here.

our ED hub, 65g front, 192g rear
hubsmith: 65g front, 188g rear.
FarSports carbon wheels
Email:sales2@farsports.cn
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

upside

by upside

I thought I would give these a try and ordered the 38mm clinchers with the ED hub. It sounds like they are light but question the durability. Now I wonder if I can back out of this. I did use PayPal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ph

by ph

kylefoo

Thanks for the info on the hub bearings and weights. I appreciate your direct input on this forum. Please do post something when the Shimano 11sp freehubs are available. If the feedback from other buyers continues to be positive, for what its worth, I am interested in 38/50mm rims built around <200g hubs with 6800 front bearings compatible with Campy and Shimano 11sp freehubs. Could even go for clinchers if the weight was reasonable and have confidence in the rim durability.

ph

Coudy

by Coudy

ph wrote:kylefoo
Please do post something when the Shimano 11sp freehubs are available.

I am also interested to buy a pair of wheel with Shimano 11sp freehubs. So please let us know...

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

Coudy wrote:
ph wrote:kylefoo
Please do post something when the Shimano 11sp freehubs are available.

I am also interested to buy a pair of wheel with Shimano 11sp freehubs. So please let us know...

Coudy and ph, of course, i will. last time i mentioned with our purchasing colleague, and he said shimano11sp will be in our business line in the near future.
FarSports carbon wheels
Store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1679325, all store enjoys 8% off till 30th Sep.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

upside wrote:I thought I would give these a try and ordered the 38mm clinchers with the ED hub. It sounds like they are light but question the durability. Now I wonder if I can back out of this. I did use PayPal.

hello, our ED hub has already launched for a long time in our company, and now become main force among the hub choices, our hub, rim, spokes have been improved several times for the sake of getting the best performace, according to the different feedbacks. meanwhile, they are strictly tested before shipping, so you can rest assure its durbility.
FarSports carbon wheels

lechat

by lechat

Kylefoo, do you offer the foam core, SL 38mm clincher as a rim only? The 38mm rims listed on your site seemed a little heavy to build into your ~1250gm wheelsets.

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

lechat wrote:Kylefoo, do you offer the foam core, SL 38mm clincher as a rim only? The 38mm rims listed on your site seemed a little heavy to build into your ~1250gm wheelsets.

lechat, we donot offer foam core verion rims now, but about 38mm clincher wheels 1250g we can supply. The super light 38mm clincher rim we can offer is 380g/pc, so the lightest 38mm wheelset we supply is around 1230g/set.
FarSports carbon wheels

upside

by upside

Kylefoo, nice to have you on here. :beerchug:

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

Coudy wrote: I am also interested to buy a pair of wheel with Shimano 11sp freehubs. So please let us know...

Coudy, i forget to tell you, we offer Yuhub shimano 11sp, this is straight pull version. ok for you?
FarSports carbon wheels

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

upside wrote:Kylefoo, nice to have you on here. :beerchug:

:D :up:
FarSports carbon wheels

Coudy

by Coudy

kylefoo wrote:Coudy, i forget to tell you, we offer Yuhub shimano 11sp, this is straight pull version. ok for you?

I will wait for the classic version, thanks.

upside

by upside

[quote="kylefoo"][quote="Coudy"]
I am also interested to buy a pair of wheel with Shimano 11sp freehubs. So please let us know...[/quote]

Coudy, i forget to tell you, we offer Yuhub shimano 11sp, this is straight pull version. ok for you?[/quote]

Kylefoo.. I have a set of wheels coming with the ED Hub and now bought the Dura Ace 11 sp. group. I would like to but the 11 speed cassette body, do you know when those will be available to purchase. Thanks so much

kylefoo
in the industry

by kylefoo

hello upside, i will let you know once this series get launched.
FarSports carbon wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookieopolis

by Wookieopolis

Well, my Farsports experience has ended in a very cracked rim. Where the tire bed meets the brake track is separating and if you push on the tire you can very clearly see the foam core of the wheel. There were 446.7 miles on the rims when I noticed. Luckily nothing failed catastrophically, I actually didn't notice for at least two days, I'm certainly glad they were tubs and not clinchers though. For what is is worth these are the older 50mm foam core, entirely UD carbon rims, no woven brake track, basalt, etc. I'll try to get some decent pictures up in the near future. They sure were light though. :?