HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:26 am
Posts: 1731
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Americans are a lawsuit happy bunch, which I am sure has an influence on why Canyon won't ship here.

_________________
My Bikes

My Photoblog


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 755
Location: Brighton, UK
Just called Canyon asking about the possibility of changing some of the specs on a complete bike. They said that its not possible. I would have been interested in the SLX or Aeroroad if they had a less "bling" paintjob. Having Erik Zabel's signature or a katusha logo down the seat tube doesnt really do it for me. Also it doesnt make much sense to me to have the SLX frame with Mavic Cosmic 80's which weigh a ton! :unbelievable: (1750gr). Some mavic ultimates on that bike would make more sense.

Guess I'll have to buy the frame and Di2 9070 separately. Dam

_________________
Canyon Ultimate SLX 2013 + DA9070 + Red Quarq + Corima Aero+ MCC (6.3kg)
Canyon AeroRoad + DA9000 + Lightning Power2Max + MCU's (6.5kg)
Cervelo P4 + G3 Powertap (7.78kg)
Cervelo SLC + SRAM Red 2013 + Red Quarq (6.8kg)


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:05 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:30 pm
Posts: 302
You are talking about the ETE version right? The neon green isa killer paintjob, though I dislike the Zabel's handwriting down the tube as well. The 8cm depth Mavic is a bit of a mismatch with the supposedly light SLX frame. Don't know how they come up with that.

The frameset should be available soon. I hate this year aeroad paintjob. All these Canyon.com all over the frame. Last year stealth black on black colorway was much better. I should have bought it. Shame.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 755
Location: Brighton, UK
Just noticed that the new frames now use a press-fit bottom bracket. The shimano stock frames come with a BB92 BB.

Does this mean Canyon have adopted the "TREK" BB90 standard?

Just wondering as Im considering getting a power2max to go along with a new canyon build.

_________________
Canyon Ultimate SLX 2013 + DA9070 + Red Quarq + Corima Aero+ MCC (6.3kg)
Canyon AeroRoad + DA9000 + Lightning Power2Max + MCU's (6.5kg)
Cervelo P4 + G3 Powertap (7.78kg)
Cervelo SLC + SRAM Red 2013 + Red Quarq (6.8kg)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 7547
Location: Geeeelong!
fa63 wrote:
Americans are a lawsuit happy bunch, which I am sure has an influence on why Canyon won't ship here.

Nothing to do with it.

_________________
http://www.nicksquillari.com.au Forum Jedi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 414
Location: Switzerland
aerozy wrote:
Just called Canyon asking about the possibility of changing some of the specs on a complete bike. They said that its not possible. I would have been interested in the SLX or Aeroroad if they had a less "bling" paintjob. Having Erik Zabel's signature or a katusha logo down the seat tube doesnt really do it for me. Also it doesnt make much sense to me to have the SLX frame with Mavic Cosmic 80's which weigh a ton! :unbelievable: (1750gr). Some mavic ultimates on that bike would make more sense.

Guess I'll have to buy the frame and Di2 9070 separately. Dam


what i understood is that the red ('katusha') bike comes with the katusha and component supplier decals not attached to the bike, some could be the case for the signature

cheers


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 755
Location: Brighton, UK
GT56 wrote:
aerozy wrote:
Just called Canyon asking about the possibility of changing some of the specs on a complete bike. They said that its not possible. I would have been interested in the SLX or Aeroroad if they had a less "bling" paintjob. Having Erik Zabel's signature or a katusha logo down the seat tube doesnt really do it for me. Also it doesnt make much sense to me to have the SLX frame with Mavic Cosmic 80's which weigh a ton! :unbelievable: (1750gr). Some mavic ultimates on that bike would make more sense.

Guess I'll have to buy the frame and Di2 9070 separately. Dam


what i understood is that the red ('katusha') bike comes with the katusha and component supplier decals not attached to the bike, some could be the case for the signature

cheers


Just called Canyon. Sales rep says that the sponsorship logos on the Aeroroad and Mr Erik Zabels signature on the SLX are part of the frames paintjob so it’s not possible to remove. Also confirmed that you cannot change a single item on the bike. I even asked if I could purchase the bike minus the wheels and the answer is “No”. All or nothing it seems. Shame.

Only thing you can specify is bar width and stem length.

_________________
Canyon Ultimate SLX 2013 + DA9070 + Red Quarq + Corima Aero+ MCC (6.3kg)
Canyon AeroRoad + DA9000 + Lightning Power2Max + MCU's (6.5kg)
Cervelo P4 + G3 Powertap (7.78kg)
Cervelo SLC + SRAM Red 2013 + Red Quarq (6.8kg)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:40 am
Posts: 414
Location: Switzerland
from canyon's website the red cf slx di2, the bottom right of the text block below the picture:(Separate Katusha logo and sponsor decals for the seat stays are included)

maybe not the case for the aeroad, but who really knows

i have had different replies from different sales reps regarding one and the same issue......


Last edited by GT56 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 362
Location: USA
As much I like my Canyon, but customer service and pretty much all of the rest about Canyon is a pain in the ass!
Typically German customer service, it sucks and I'm German.
Love our service here in the US.

_________________
Pfeiffer's Rennrad Camp and Cycling Coach
Independent HED Wheels/Powertap Dealer


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 755
Location: Brighton, UK
Hey folks! Im about to bite the bullet on the new SLX ETE with the new Di2 9070 group.

Called Canyon (again!) with a few more questions. I was curious about where the battery was placed. Seems like they have placed it in the downtube which in turn is accessible through some special BB opening. Charging is done at the DI2 junction by the bars. Sounds like a neat setup! :)

I'll be selling the Mavic 80 WTS wheels as soon as I receive them. If anyone is interested pm me!

EDIT: Ordered it! Expected delivery date: Week 20 2013! Thats a full 7months away! Holly cow! :unbelievable:

_________________
Canyon Ultimate SLX 2013 + DA9070 + Red Quarq + Corima Aero+ MCC (6.3kg)
Canyon AeroRoad + DA9000 + Lightning Power2Max + MCU's (6.5kg)
Cervelo P4 + G3 Powertap (7.78kg)
Cervelo SLC + SRAM Red 2013 + Red Quarq (6.8kg)


Last edited by aerozy on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:39 pm
Posts: 2
Frankie13 wrote:
As much I like my Canyon, but customer service and pretty much all of the rest about Canyon is a pain in the ass!
Typically German customer service, it sucks and I'm German.
Love our service here in the US.


My feelings are exactly the same. I absolutely love their products (both looks and function), but if their product didn't sell itself like it does... I would never buy from them.

I've been in contact with them several times over the phone (due to mistakes they made) and it ha been a outright uphill battle each time...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 6
aerozy wrote:
Just noticed that the new frames now use a press-fit bottom bracket. The shimano stock frames come with a BB92 BB.

Does this mean Canyon have adopted the "TREK" BB90 standard?

Just wondering as Im considering getting a power2max to go along with a new canyon build.


Does anyone confirm BB92 bottom bracket on the new Aeroad and CF SLX ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 am
Posts: 755
Location: Brighton, UK
^ Im sure both frames have an 86mm BB shell. So not sure if that makes it BB86 or BB92. Whats the difference exactly?

I think I saw on the video presentation that its compatible with all press fit BB's whatever that means. OK Im confused! :roll:

_________________
Canyon Ultimate SLX 2013 + DA9070 + Red Quarq + Corima Aero+ MCC (6.3kg)
Canyon AeroRoad + DA9000 + Lightning Power2Max + MCU's (6.5kg)
Cervelo P4 + G3 Powertap (7.78kg)
Cervelo SLC + SRAM Red 2013 + Red Quarq (6.8kg)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm
Posts: 463
If I could afford 1, i'd get 2!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:01 am
Posts: 211
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
For those who have actually purchased from Canyon, do they actually ship the item on the week that is promised upon purchase? The pricing on the SLX is really unbelievable, especially for bikes with DA9000. Don't know if it's better to purchase now or purchase later when their production is stabled. It seems all of the SLX will only be shipped out March 2013 at the earliest. Seems long considering it's not a custom..


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 am 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Bogan, fromtrektocolnago, Matey, Yahoo [Bot] and 58 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. What's the deal with Force 22 pricing?

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

Gex64

16

1862

Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:39 pm

bricky21 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What's with the pricing of (some) carbon road frames?

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ]

in Road

savechief

66

6596

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:04 pm

bura View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. carbon-ti X-ring full Ti EVO 50T

in Road

elfuinha

5

591

Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:32 pm

desperado95219 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. VeloVie Vitesse 500... Full SRAM red for $3600

in Road

CharlesM

0

357

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:46 pm

CharlesM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Waiting for Campagnolo full carbon clinchers

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

poppiholla

19

1903

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:50 pm

mriddle View the latest post


It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB