S-Works Tarmac SL4 (2013)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Wouter

by Wouter

I am using a 110mm stem. 54cm should be ok. A 56cm frame ha a headtube of 170mm which is 15mm to high.
On a 54cm frame I will use a 10mm spacer on top of the 8mm topcap.

Thanks for your reply.

Michel

by Michel

apLe wrote:How do you like the saddle? I chose SLR because I couldn't find Nago in decent price, but I still would like to try it!

after a couple of rides, the nago seems to fit quite well. On my other bike I have a scratch nack.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mangkali

by mangkali

Michel wrote:here's my new one...

Frame: S-Works Tarmac SL4 56cm
Wheels: Enve 3.4 Chris King
Groupset: Campa Super Record
Crankset: Cannondale Hollowgram SL
Seatpost: S-Works
Stem/Handlebar: Zipp Service Course SL / Zipp Carbon SL TB
Saddle: Prologo Nago Evo Nack

Wheight: 6,28 Kg

Yours look pretty trick as well!

Valy

by Valy

Nice, looks a lot beastier than other SL4s I've seen. Go figure! :p

YinYang

by YinYang

Michel,
Was your previous bike a SL3? Would like to hear a ride comparison between the 2 frames.

Michel

by Michel

YinYang wrote:Michel,
Was your previous bike a SL3? Would like to hear a ride comparison between the 2 frames.

Yes, until I crashed it :-(
Sorry, can't say that much about it yet. Just had a short ride. My first impression is quite positive, although there's no big difference in ride quality in my opinion.

YinYang

by YinYang

Suck to hear about your crash. Hope you are OK.
I too have a SL3 and thinking about upgrading to a SL4 but not sure if there will be any significant difference.

Michel

by Michel

YinYang wrote:Suck to hear about your crash. Hope you are OK.
I too have a SL3 and thinking about upgrading to a SL4 but not sure if there will be any significant difference.

I'm ok, thanks.
Not sure, if there's a big difference. Ok, its stiffer and lighter. But the Sl3 was already more than stiff enough. Saving some weight is nice. Everything else i'll see after a couple of more rides :-)

ressac

by ressac

Is this http://zipp.com/bars/service-course-sl-bar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; your handlebar? I'm gonna get one like that but I didn't have the chance to see it installed on a bike.

Can you post a photo from the front?

Michel

by Michel

ressac wrote:Is this http://zipp.com/bars/service-course-sl-bar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; your handlebar? I'm gonna get one like that but I didn't have the chance to see it installed on a bike.

No, its a Zipp Carbon SL TB bar.

Sorry, don't have a picture of the front yet. Will post one the next days.

ressac

by ressac

Michel wrote:
ressac wrote:Is this http://zipp.com/bars/service-course-sl-bar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; your handlebar? I'm gonna get one like that but I didn't have the chance to see it installed on a bike.

Right, but I think both share the same geometry. Did you find it easy to become comfortable on that?

Michel

by Michel

ressac wrote:
Michel wrote:
ressac wrote:Is this http://zipp.com/bars/service-course-sl-bar/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; your handlebar? I'm gonna get one like that but I didn't have the chance to see it installed on a bike.

Right, but I think both share the same geometry. Did you find it easy to become comfortable on that?

For me the Zipp sl fits perfectly. The Zipp replaced a deda campione, deda Zero 100 respectively. It felt very comfortable from the beginning.