Ebay carbon saddle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

quaman26

by quaman26

Hello. Has anyone tried this saddle from Ebay ?

Any feedback would be great if you have. Thanks

No eBay links, thanks. Screen print the saddle and post the pic

bura

by bura

I would like to have feedbacks,too.

Graphic and shape design ist almost identical with Selle San Marco Aspide Superleggera of previous years.
It has a stated 10 grams less than SSM SL and would be just an other fine example of why not to pay 300 bucks more for an overpriced
"western world" component. :thumbup:
I am aware that there are a bunch of consumers everywhere on the globe who like to want other people see that they have a lot money to spend. :unbelievable:
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

russianbear

by russianbear

I tried out a Hylix brand (ebay search it) full carbon saddle. It was HEAVY at 150 grams but at 60 bucks it satisfied my curiosity about full carbon saddles. It is shaped almost like an SLR I think and in fact I upgraded to an SLR kit carbonio now.

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

I tried out one. It has a thin layer of padding on it...I don't ride it anymore, just never fell in love with it. I think I had it on for 2 rides.

If you want it, you can have it...
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli

bura

by bura

hylix saddle.jpg

@Russianbear.Sure that your saddle is this saddle above? There are some other Hylix saddles on the market which are somewhat heavier.
The seller has sold over 18000 items and has a well reputated record. He can not sell a 150 gram saddle as a 93 4/-2 gram saddle.
He would have it in his records.

@ANAO.Sure that you are talking about the same saddle? It has no padding on top.This is varnished blank carbon fiber.

As written elsewhere in the forum saddles feel differ from user to user. So the feedback question was a request to learn more about the structural endurance on a longer term use.
Attachments
hylix saddle.jpg
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

I ride a Merek Carbon 140mm Saddle and LOVE it.

BobSantini

by BobSantini

If you buy it let us know how it goes. I'm curious about them too.
r o y g b i v

Imaking20

by Imaking20

+1 That thing looks great.

quaman26

by quaman26

Will do. Gonna try bidding on it. Hopefully I win it.

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

bura wrote:
hylix saddle.jpg

@ANAO.Sure that you are talking about the same saddle? It has no padding on top.This is varnished blank carbon fiber.

As written elsewhere in the forum saddles feel differ from user to user. So the feedback question was a request to learn more about the structural endurance on a longer term use.

That's not it, but that saddle looks awesome. Get it, and do let us know how it feels :)
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli

sanrensho

by sanrensho

I'm more interested in the other Hylix carbon saddle, the one that looks like it might be similar to an SLR.

Has anybody used it? How are full carbon saddles in the rain--any difference from a padded saddle?

elpampeano

by elpampeano

hi guys, i use two carbon saddles on my road bike (a selle italia teknologica) and a ebay´s ones on my mtb. i use them with a decent bib and yesterday i put on it 3 hours and nothing happens. even i race races on my mtb and really support the saddle, but maybe i miss some padd...
for road bike, i never will chnage again, and with the hylix product, i buy from them a lot of goods and are fisrt quality. and the saddle that seems a sele, i buy one for a friend and it´s some bigger than the photo...it´s the same that the ness or most from ebay´s too.
if you like, i can give you some real photos of them.
cheers. Diego form Argentina

sanrensho

by sanrensho

elpampeano wrote:hi guys, i use two carbon saddles on my road bike (a selle italia teknologica) and a ebay´s ones on my mtb. i use them with a decent bib and yesterday i put on it 3 hours and nothing happens. even i race races on my mtb and really support the saddle, but maybe i miss some padd...
for road bike, i never will chnage again, and with the hylix product, i buy from them a lot of goods and are fisrt quality. and the saddle that seems a sele, i buy one for a friend and it´s some bigger than the photo...it´s the same that the ness or most from ebay´s too.
if you like, i can give you some real photos of them.
cheers. Diego form Argentina

Would you mind posting a photo of the Hylix that looks similar to a Selle Italia? Do you think it is reasonably close to an SLR? Thanks.

I have an inquiry about saddle dimensions going in to the seller. Will report back if I hear anything.

russianbear

by russianbear

bura wrote:
hylix saddle.jpg

@Russianbear.Sure that your saddle is this saddle above? There are some other Hylix saddles on the market which are somewhat heavier.
The seller has sold over 18000 items and has a well reputated record. He can not sell a 150 gram saddle as a 93 4/-2 gram saddle.
He would have it in his records.

It is not this one. It will not have the weight listed and the dimensions will be 275x131

Click on the url for picture cos it's huge

http://i.imgur.com/Cmvzu.jpg

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

It looks a lot like the Archteks saddle I originally had on my Cuneo build (see link in my sig). While the dimensions are similar to an SLR, it flares up at the rear. The last update in my build has a picture with a stripped SLR for comparison. But the Archteks was light at 97g and ~ $78USD shipped.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com