Look 695 vs. Storck Fascenario 0.7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

luckypuncheur

by luckypuncheur

Does anyone have a direct comparison between the Look 695 SR and the Fascenario 0.7?

I'm currently on the Look 695 SR and really like it, but I could get the Fascenario (2012 version) for an incredible price and somehow feel tempted to buy it. I'd be interested how the two bikes compare to each other.
Last edited by luckypuncheur on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get a bicycle. You will certainly not regret it, if you live.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

I think it might have more to do with how they fit you and how you like the ride. I'd urge you to try both. Both are incredible bikes obviously.

If you're going to spend that kind of money I really think you have to find out yourself - I wouldn't get persuaded either way by what people on the internet say.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stef32

by stef32

I never tried either but I really like Storck

davidalone

by davidalone

I never really understood what the fuss with storck is about. they ride nice, but they aren't particularly light, they aren't particularly aero ( no matter what they claim about the new aero road bike- once you've seen it in the flesh there is NO WAY that thing is aerodynamic from my mechanical engineers eye.). lots of their parts are rebadged ritchey or zipp parts ( regarding their posts, wheels, parts, etc.) . they don't really innovate very well. ( I haven't seen a groundbreaking design from storck, whereas we have from look, specialized, et al) they are supposedly the stiffest bikes out there and have uber carbon engineered by germans, but 99% of us won't feel the difference unless you ride for a living. they have nice but rather plain paint jobs, and I think paint by colnago, time, bianchi or the italian marques look better. and for me , personally, those marques have a history storck can't boast about. which is probably why stock always struck me as abit soulless.

I'm not saying that storck is a bad brand, they do make nice bikes and if someone gave me one for free I'd snap his hand off, but I never really understood the premium they command. where I live storcks are ridden by rich people with too much disposable income who ride a 20 miler once a week ( there was a recent case of someone buying a storck locally as a wall ornament in his house- strange and sad but true! a waste of a fine bike!) . the real badass riders ride pinarellos, cannondales, and a mix of other bikes. that may not really be the ccase for you, but it's just my opinion.

If i were in your shoes I'd take the look. Look has a certain pizzaz storck doesnt. my sponsor store carries the look and while I don't ride one it's a gorgeous bike with lots of awesome integrated technology. our teams best rider rides one on loan. it's fast and is more bike than you will ever need. make sure yu can handle all the complicated stuff ( like the ZED crankset) if yu do your own wrenching though.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

davidalone wrote:the real badass riders ride pinarellos, cannondales...

I don't even...

'Not that light'? 'Not that special'? 'Overpriced'?

Pinarello.

kgt

by kgt

davidalone wrote:I never really understood what the fuss with storck is about. they ride nice, but they aren't particularly light, they aren't particularly aero, lots of their parts are rebadged ritchey or zipp parts, they don't really innovate very well, they are supposedly the stiffest bikes out there and have uber carbon engineered by germans, but 99% of us won't feel the difference unless you ride for a living, they have nice but rather plain paint jobs, and I think paint by colnago, time, bianchi or the italian marques look better. and for me , personally, those marques have a history storck can't boast about. which is probably why stock always struck me as abit soulless.

I'm not saying that storck is a bad brand, they do make nice bikes and if someone gave me one for free I'd snap his hand off, but I never really understood the premium they command.

+100

konky

by konky

Those that don't rate Storck almost always haven't ridden one or can't afford one. I can only speak for the Fascenario 0.6 but the ride quality is stunning. Yes you can get a lighter frame from Cannondale or Wilier but in my view they are otherwise very ordinary in comparison. Coming from a humble bike nut Storck are the best you can get, and by some margin.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

I'm not going to engage in the coming flame war, but I think that performance-wise Storcks are definitely up there with the best in the world. I think you get exactly what you pay for.

It's fine if you don't like the paint job or the ride or whatever, that's down to you and is totally subjective. I sold mine because it didn't fit me, a Storck just wasn't right for me.

giant man

by giant man

It would be all in the feel for me. I wouldn't really care on what name is on the downtube, but the way the bike handles would be the decider.
Last edited by giant man on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

giant man

by giant man

CarpetFibre wrote:I'm not going to engage in the coming flame war, but I think that performance-wise Storcks are definitely up there with the best in the world. I think you get exactly what you pay for.

It's fine if you don't like the paint job or the ride or whatever, that's down to you and is totally subjective. I sold mine because it didn't fit me, a Storck just wasn't right for me.

I would have said that about the Look rather than the Storck, but both good bikes. I'm going to wait for the Look 675, personally.

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

To be honest I'd say that about both - Looks are amazing bikes for sure.

jmartpr
Shop Owner

by jmartpr

While I'm a bit biased towards Storcks I do have to correct some of the coments posted above with facts.

First Storck components are done by either THM carbones (manufacturer of the Clavicula crankset) or Syntace, all makers of high quality components.
Storck was probably the ORIGINAL aero bike with their Aero frameset (not the Aero 2)....years before other manufacturers got the Aero bug. The original Aero which has been around a long time has their geometry for road bike (you can use it as a TT or road bike) while the Aero 2 is a pure TT bike. Their new Aernario was designed in the wind tunnel to minimize drag parallel to the ground contrary to some "aero" bikes out there that are designed like the air is coming in an angle from the ground up! Just because it looks fast and pointy doesn't mean it's aero efficient. On innovations we already mentioned the Aero frameset but how about the integrated brakes on the Aero 2 and the F0.6? It took 3 years for Ridley, Trek and the other brands to offer something similar. Their original powerarms was one of the lightest cranksets out there that could actually be used daily in road and MTB....the new version from THM is even better. Weight? The F0.7 has been one of the lightest framesets for a long time with excellent stiffness/ride quality with minimum changes, which tells you it was designed right from the start....contrary to buying a Cannondale, Specialized, Pinarello etc which they change every year because they found a way to make it 1% stiffer. Marcus Storck is very critical of this and helps bikes retain a higher resale value.

Now the not so good news....Ok...so they may not be the prettiest out there, I'll give you that as they are a bit "cold", even with the new improvements in the past years. Also, their fit is not for everyone and if you are on the short side they don't have too many options, so this could be a deal breaker for some. And to finish this, the price ( on the top models), I know a product like this comand a premium whic puts it out of the reach of quite a few riders.

For potential customers the best advise I can give you is to look at them in person, get a fit or discuss with your dealer the fit. If posible get a ride on one. The F0.7 has a wonderful ride and it's a fast bike. It can also be built very light without worries. It all comes down to fit, your type of riding and your budget. The Look is also a great bike so you have a tough choice on your heands.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

davidalone wrote:the real badass riders ride pinarellos, cannondales, and a mix of other bikes.

:? hmmm..... interesting opinion. I have my own opinions about many bikes, especially the build quality. I bought a Storck Scenario C1.1 a few years and I haven't ridden an awful lot of other bikes, but for me, the only other bike that comes close was a BMC. The build quality is top notch and the ride is sublime and very fast. If I could afford one, I'd buy a Storck Rebellion for mtb riding as well. In a side by side comparison I'd be curious to see what other bikes could match them in every aspect, I imagine very few.

tobyinsydney
in the industry

by tobyinsydney

I've ridden both and recently wrote a review of the Storck Fascenario 0.6 (very similar to the 0.7) which was published in the latest edition of RIDE Cycling Review

You can read it here... http://www.zinio.com/pages/RIDECyclingR ... 399/pg-220" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the 695 SR was reviewed quite a few issues ago, but its available via Zinio
http://www.zinio.com/pages/RIDECyclingR ... 680/pg-208

kgt

by kgt

So Storck is stiffer at the BB by 0.2mm (0.29mm vs 0.5mm), as stiff as Look at the head tube (0.39mm vs 0.43mm) and Look is stiffer at the seatpost by 0.3mm (.2mm vs .52mm). Look may be considered lighter since it weights 1027gr at 57,7 including seatpost and Storck 977gr at 56,6. Both are top bikes in terms of integration and manufacturing quality. So, considering their price gap Look seems like a bargain IMHO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com