Light frame for single speed bike.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Golliwog

by Golliwog

Hi guys,
Im looking for a single speed commuter (Melbourne is flat) to complement my main bike - probably throw on some olds Boras and put an Enve cockpit up there. Need something light and stiff, probably carbon and not too expensive for the frame set (say $1800 max). I was looking at the BMC track machine a few years ago but its out of production. Cant find anything on the Pinarello XTRACK although i like the geo. Any roadies out there with internal brake routing? I know pretty much anything could be used here but im chasing something with that halfway track geo, nice and aggressive but without a BB so low i cant turn.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

metal

by metal

Best I know with holes for brakes is the Specialized Langster (non pro version). http://www.specialized.com/au/gb/bikes/road/langster/langster#specs

But, you would have to buy the whole bike to get the frame.

Unless your thinking single speed without brakes, in which case the frameset only pro version would work.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Lightest open-mould carbon you can find that fits you, BB30 + Beer Components Eccentric BB converter and you're set. Plenty with internal routing as well so you can keep it clean. You can even ask for your frame to not have a front derailleur hanger if you want the "ultra clean" look.

Very Affordable + chain-adjustable + light + 130mm rear spacing. Done. The frameset will probably cost you no more than $700 delivered. Keep the rest of your $1100 for something else (or better: add it to your savings).

That's pretty much the best answer you'll find considering your components in waiting and goals.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

theremery

by theremery

Run a chinese generic t.t. carbon frame......$700 ish....have horizontal dropouts on many....have nice internal routing for brakes and handle OK (only). I have a FM018 that I quite like (Dengfu). Alibaba to go look.
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

atriot

by atriot

http://imgur.com/a/Z4DCL/ something like this perhaps?