2012 Canyon Aeroad CF Di2 - 6.250 grams (new pics - page 7)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

stef32

by stef32

wow, very nice ride

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Just gets better, where would you spend money next?

dolophonic

by dolophonic

very nice bike, how do you like the ride ?

Juggler

by Juggler

Thanks...

I have just bought a set of Continental Supersonic tires - that gives me a saving of 110 grams over the 4000S. I know... they are not for everyday use. But for climbing - and when the bike is going on the scale once again :)

Next up is matching Supersonic tubes... and then the Smud saddle.

The ride is awesome - best I have ever tried.
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Geoff

by Geoff

With the Control Box down there, how do you do a battery check and derailleur trim?

Juggler

by Juggler

It can slide up and down... so it is easily accessible, when I need to trim og check battery level.

Juggler

by Juggler

First step towards sub-7...

-> Continental GP4000S (219 gram)
<- Continental Supersonic (163 gram)

7,140 kg -> 7,028 kg :)

djconnel

by djconnel

Quick releases?

Anyway, sick looking bike. Very impressive!

Juggler

by Juggler

Thanks!

I could have gone WW on the QR's.. would have been obvious.

But I decided to go with Enve's own skewers. They weigh a mere 50+ gram each. But they look really awesome on the wheels. Must save weight some other places. Smud saddle is in the making - should shave off an additional 65 grams :)

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Could you explain a little more about your 910xt mount? I purchased one this summer, and have been wondering how I could mount it on and off the bike quickly during triathlon races.

Juggler

by Juggler

swimmingskibble wrote:Could you explain a little more about your 910xt mount? I purchased one this summer, and have been wondering how I could mount it on and off the bike quickly during triathlon races.

First of all you need to buy the Garmin "bike mount". It contains a new strap, and a quick mount that you attach to the watch in stead of the existing strap, and 2 x mounts to attach on the stem of your bike. This enables the possibility of snapping of the 910XT unit in a quarter turn motion. The strap stays on your wrist, and the 910XT unit is now able to be attached to the mount on the stem. When reaching T2 you snap the 910XT unit of the stem and back on the wrist... and of you go :)

To avoid the plastic mount (attached with rubber bands) on your stem - not looking that integrated, and forces you to bend your head a little too much during biking - numerous companies have made a mount, that is attached to the handlebars, and puts your Garmin product out in front (and flush) of your stem. Most of them are for the Garmin 500/800. And for some reason Garmin have decided that the mount on their 910XT kit is turned 90 degrees compared to the 500/800. This makes your 910XT sit "sideways".... not really an option :)

However, Martyn from RWD (Race Ware Direct) has made a special mount, that fits the 910XT perfect... AND makes it sit right there in front of the stem.

Have a look at their website... og make a search here. There are lots of info on that product.

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Drat. I was hoping it didn't use garmin's quick connect straps.. I haven't gone that route yet because I'm scared it would twist off during the swim. I'd hate to use a $400 watch for a crappy fishing lure...

Juggler

by Juggler

swimmingskibble wrote:Drat. I was hoping it didn't use garmin's quick connect straps.. I haven't gone that route yet because I'm scared it would twist off during the swim. I'd hate to use a $400 watch for a crappy fishing lure...

I understand... although it seems pretty tight fit = takes a lot of beating to accidentally come off.

Alternatively you can keep it under the swim cap - the distance buzz is also more noticeable that way. But still... no guarantee that you won't loose the cap. And then you are back at the "USD400 fishing lure" problematics... :)

thumper88

by thumper88

Just a stunning build... I'm a sucker for the blackout thing and the sanding of the red crank was genius... I'm absolutely stealing that idea...

Just have to know -- how well does 2012 Red crank shift with Di2?
And did the chainring swap change the spacing between rings any, do you think?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Juggler

by Juggler

Thanks, Thumper..

I have had no issues at all regarding shifting on the Di2 + Red Exogram combination. It's like a hot knife through butter... :)

The Stronglight chain rings shifts just as well as the OEM Shimano rings - I actually chose them over the Extralite Octaramp due to their stiffness and excellent compatibility with Di2; even though that gives me a slight weight penalty. It is difficult for me to judge, whether there is a change in spacing between the rings or not - but it doesn't feel any different to me.