Elite e-motion watts

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrey

by andrey

May be somebody has the real numbers measured by Powertap or Quarq system. I will be very appreciate, if you share with me some level/speed/wattage relations

I talk about European version of this rollers, which is produced by Elite

There is the graph from official Elite site, but I'm in a doubt about its accuracy
Attachments
e-motion watts.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andrey

by andrey

:up:

andrey

by andrey

:noidea:

grid256

by grid256

I have not tested these personally but the below review seems to back up the wattage claims:
http://www.fixedgearfever.com/modules.p ... stance.htm

andrey

by andrey

grid256 wrote:I have not tested these personally but the below review seems to back up the wattage claims:
http://www.fixedgearfever.com/modules.p ... stance.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I talk about European version of this rollers, which is produced by Elite. Inside ride makes another one

wetpaint

by wetpaint

IMO, without a powermeter on your bike, you can't get an accurate wattage for the speeds. I have the US version and my power can vary 20+ watts at the same speed depending on tire pressure and tires.

andrey

by andrey

wetpaint wrote:IMO, without a powermeter on your bike, you can't get an accurate wattage for the speeds. I have the US version and my power can vary 20+ watts at the same speed depending on tire pressure and tires.

Yes, you are right. But for me the accuracy in range +/- 15 Watts will be OK. Only that I'm interested in is the tested data like: XXkg rider weight, X bars tyre pressure, XX km/h speed, XXX watts power

will102

by will102

Surely the problem with that graph is that the speed will vary depending which gear you are in??

andrey

by andrey

will102 wrote:Surely the problem with that graph is that the speed will vary depending which gear you are in??

The problem is that I'm easily can spin with speed 30 km\h at level 1 and have a LT around 40 km\h at level 1, which, according that graph is close to 400 watts. Of course it's a mistake and I would like to know a coefficient for recalculation power to real watts

For example, according that graph, speed 40 km\h at level 1 is 275 watts, but real number will be 200. So I divide 200 by 275 and will use this coefficient for recalculation power from that graph to real watts

It's just for my interest. I'm not ready to buy powermeter yet, but interested in my power level

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

andrey wrote:
wetpaint wrote:IMO, without a powermeter on your bike, you can't get an accurate wattage for the speeds. I have the US version and my power can vary 20+ watts at the same speed depending on tire pressure and tires.

Yes, you are right. But for me the accuracy in range +/- 15 Watts will be OK. Only that I'm interested in is the tested data like: XXkg rider weight, X bars tyre pressure, XX km/h speed, XXX watts power

I hate to say it, but this just won't work.

If his "power" is 20+W off on any given day, what's he gonna say and how will you turn that into 15W off? You will get a close enough number when you are not pedaling at all :wink: , but it will get worse the harder you go.

You are really better off not using power than just guessing. My advice is: Don't even look at level and speed. Use a HR monitor or go by feel alone.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

edit- apologies, mine are the v-mag

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com