Campagnolo EPS Weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

I'm considering getting the Caad10 Black Inc., and then swapping out the Ui2 for EPS. Question is: get Athena or save a little more for Record?

It will be for crits, so I'm thinking the weight savings may not kill me.

Anybody know the weight of the 3 groups?

Also, anybody know where I can pick up an athena group? Doesn't look like I can find it anywhere yet.

Thanks!

Please use search, here are Record and Super Record

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=101775
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Well there is about 300g difference between the mechanical versions of the Atena and SR groups. so there will be at least that for EPS. Nor earth shattering but the difference is price is very big.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drchull

by drchull

If you just look at the shifters and derailleurs the difference in weight will be pretty minimal, I am too lazy to look for the numbers. Not available in store yet. For crits even the 300g should make no difference.

tommasini

by tommasini

"will be for crits"......think about the cost to replace damaged components - possibly one or more times in a season - versus what enhancements those components might provide you at your category level.......

Get mechanical.........and for those crits I'd suggest Chorus level for best bang-for-buck.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

tommasini wrote:"will be for crits"......think about the cost to replace damaged components - possibly one or more times in a season - versus what enhancements those components might provide you at your category level.......

Get mechanical.........and for those crits I'd suggest Chorus level for best bang-for-buck.

the super record to EPS weight addition is just under 200 g , but hell I would stick with mechanical all the time, especially for weight overall
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Spindoctor wrote:the super record to EPS weight addition is just under 200 g , but hell I would stick with mechanical all the time, especially for weight overall

If weight is the only and major issue, then mechanical has the advantage as 200 grm is close to 1/2 Lb. That is a significant amount of weight hard to shave off elsewhere.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

AttacknowAttackoften wrote:I'm considering getting the Caad10 Black Inc., and then swapping out the Ui2 for EPS. Question is: get Athena or save a little more for Record?

It will be for crits, so I'm thinking the weight savings may not kill me.

Anybody know the weight of the 3 groups?

Also, anybody know where I can pick up an athena group? Doesn't look like I can find it anywhere yet.

Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the CAAD10 an externally cabled bike? Fitting EPS will be a major PIA externally

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

The Caad10 Black Inc. is made specifically for electronic shifting: no cable stops on the frame.
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli