Cannondale EVO Team vs Cannondale EVO Di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AttacknowAttackoften

by AttacknowAttackoften

Interesting - I just sold off all the Record parts I was accumulating to convert a Rival Caad10 for the '13 season...in favor of the Caad10 Black inc.

You say not to go that route? My ultime plan is to save up for EPS and then swap that in there for the Ui2..but that may be a 2-season project, not ready until 12-14 months from now.

casper wrote:The Ui2 was heavier and while the shifting response was quick (couldn't tell the diff btw ui2 and di2) I did notice a difference between my ability to shift record mechanical and ui2 (ui2 being slower).
I only train on days that end with "y".

Eli

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gwilliams

by gwilliams

The di2 bike will not have cable guides, so does n't allow for a return to mechanical-maybe this helps your choice. I run Di2 on an Evo, and think its a good group set. Mine is running on the white with black frame set that was offered as the mechanical DA bike.

mrfish

by mrfish

I don't really understand the love for Di2. Yes it is nicer, but from a value perspective it's up there with Pinarello Dogmas. Thus if money is a limiting factor in your life I'd go for a mechanical groupset and a spare bike. That combination will reduce hassles, allow you to ride even when something breaks and generally make your life easier.

gwilliams

by gwilliams

mrfish wrote:I don't really understand the love for Di2. Yes it is nicer, but from a value perspective it's up there with Pinarello Dogmas. Thus if money is a limiting factor in your life I'd go for a mechanical groupset and a spare bike. That combination will reduce hassles, allow you to ride even when something breaks and generally make your life easier.

Agree-I have DI2 and do like the system, but am very interested in DA9000 as resolving issues with a mechanical group is normally easy

asv

by asv

gwilliams wrote:Agree-I have DI2 and do like the system, but am very interested in DA9000 as resolving issues with a mechanical group is normally easy

Yesterday my SRAM Red rear derailleur failed for the second time this year, requiring a warranty replacement for the second time as well so anything has to be better than what I have now. Isn't the whole point of Di2 to have a plug and play system so you don't have any issues to resolve in the first place?