prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

What?!
WHY?!

and what will you replace it with?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Yeah I know, my friend called me a lunatic.
With something cheaper... :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

majklnajt wrote:Sorry if I have been sarcastic :D

But the bike is really for sale.

What is that 3rd, 4th time, that is for sale? :mrgreen:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Yeah, at least! ;)

Canuckinboston

by Canuckinboston

Hi Colnago Lovers:

I'm new to the board and would like to show off my Colnago C50. It was a unicorn find off of Craigslist that replaced an entry level DeVinci CX. It's a 2006, Colour scheme PR04 and came with Record Ultra 10 and Campy Nucleon wheels.
I have since upgraded to 2012 Super Record 11 ported over my Ksyrium SL wheels.
The bike came with a one piece Cinelli bar/stem colour matched to the bike in addition to a Colnago carbon seatpost and custom San Marco saddle. Tyres are Michelin Pro3s (about to be changed to Pro4s) with Look Keo Max pedals. This bike took 8 minutes off of my second RBC Gran Fondo (122km Vancouver to Whistler) and is an absolute treat to ride. Sorry, I haven't actually weighed it but suffice to say its a whole lot lighter than my old ride. I suspect 16-ish pounds?

austke

by austke

majklnajt wrote:
eurperg wrote:
majklnajt wrote:No, the most important thing is that the bike looks OK!! Everything else is secondary! The body can suffer... ;) ;) ;) ;)

Then maybe you could just raise your seatpost an inch or two? :wink:

Dont worry, I tried... ;) ;) ;) Its now at it`s max height! :D

But it would look nice if I would raise it ...

BTW, my bike is for sale. Again.
Why? I got bored of cycling.
And Lance was cheating... ;)

I sincerely hope you keep you bike, and if you do go for a cheaper bike? I sure hope it is a Colnago, you are the King of the Pictures of colnago's Thread!
I really enjoy your in depth knowledge of Colnago's. And feel that if you sold you bike, Weight Weenies may lose a great asset to their Site.

SO PLEASE DO NOT SELL YOUR BIKE AND LEAVE THIS SITE.

By the way nice bike, lol :smartass:
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

austke

by austke

Canuckinboston, Love your bike, Congratulations!
And welcome to Weight Weenies!
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

michel2

by michel2

Canuckinboston, Love your bike, Congratulations!
And welcome to Weight Weenies![/quote]

+ 1

Dalai

by Dalai

+2

Although already posted in the CX bikes topic, it is a Colnago. 8)

Stock 2010 Colnago World Cup except the Ultegra compact crank and Enduro Ceramic BB fitted by the previous owner.

Changes by me so far was to replace the saddle with an SLR, retape the bars and fit a longer stem.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

austke wrote:I sincerely hope you keep you bike, and if you do go for a cheaper bike? I sure hope it is a Colnago, you are the King of the Pictures of colnago's Thread!
I really enjoy your in depth knowledge of Colnago's. And feel that if you sold you bike, Weight Weenies may lose a great asset to their Site.

SO PLEASE DO NOT SELL YOUR BIKE AND LEAVE THIS SITE.

By the way nice bike, lol :smartass:

Hehehe, thanks :D
Its funny, because I dont consider myself to have a lot of knowledge about Colnagos. I just comment/recommend what should/could be changed that the bike looks as I would like it to look. There are a lot more people on this forum that now way much about those bikes than I do!!! "Calnago" would be a great example, and also mayn others but I cant remmeber them right now.
About selling my bike... we will see... if someone comes with the money, than it is sold! ;)

Canuckinboston

by Canuckinboston

Hey: sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm thinking of getting a set of lighter climbing wheels to go with my Mavic Ksyrium SLs. I'm going to try and stay with noncarbon rims as I don't want to have to change brake pads when I change wheels. Without breaking the bank, any suggestions? I looked at the Campy Shamal Ultras, but I'm not sure that they're much different than my SLs..... Actually my SLs are already pretty damned light already (claimed weight 1485gms) so I'm not sure my wish for lighter aluminum rims at a reasonable price is grounded in reality!

a.davis12

by a.davis12

xFree

by xFree

Canuckinboston wrote:Hey: sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm thinking of getting a set of lighter climbing wheels to go with my Mavic Ksyrium SLs. I'm going to try and stay with noncarbon rims as I don't want to have to change brake pads when I change wheels. Without breaking the bank, any suggestions? I looked at the Campy Shamal Ultras, but I'm not sure that they're much different than my SLs..... Actually my SLs are already pretty damned light already (claimed weight 1485gms) so I'm not sure my wish for lighter aluminum rims at a reasonable price is grounded in reality!

You can try Shimano C24 CL, if you use shimano gear.

BxEddie

by BxEddie

Canuckinboston wrote:Hey: sorry if this is in the wrong section. I'm thinking of getting a set of lighter climbing wheels to go with my Mavic Ksyrium SLs. I'm going to try and stay with noncarbon rims as I don't want to have to change brake pads when I change wheels. Without breaking the bank, any suggestions? I looked at the Campy Shamal Ultras, but I'm not sure that they're much different than my SLs..... Actually my SLs are already pretty damned light already (claimed weight 1485gms) so I'm not sure my wish for lighter aluminum rims at a reasonable price is grounded in reality!

I had them both, Ksyrium ES and Shamals. And so far I can say, the shamals are lighter (about 80g) and they feel faster.
But if you are not too heavy, buy tune hubs and ambrosio crono rims. They will be around 1200g and a tubular tyre save an other 50g each. And it is price grounded, eaven if you use bladed spokes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iColnago

by iColnago

My Extreme C