Focus Cayo build list

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Tobi

by Tobi

Last january I bought my Focus Cayo 1.0. It is my first carbon bike and I really enjoy going out for a ride on it. But now the time has come to upgrade it.

So, what's the deal? My primary goal is to end up with a great looking bike. The secondary goal is to shave some weight of it. The bike, as bought, is listed as 7.9KG. It's a shame I didn't weigh it at the time, but ok. I'm aiming on losing 1KG. I figured the listed weight is without pedals and bottle cages so I build the list with a subtotal and total weight, just for a fair comparison.

Some of the components on the build list I already own, others will be bought. There are some components (brakes, wheels) that I own that didn't make it on the list. Maybe I'll use them during the build, maybe not. The list fits my budget for now and leaves room for future improvements.

I'm interested in what you guys think. Suggestions are more than welcome.

* Bottom bracket, headset and expander are included in the weight of the frame and fork.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Did i miss it or did you forget the inner tubes? And you only have 1 tire ...

Tobi

by Tobi

You didn't miss it, I did. It's my first build list so I'm still learning. Thanks for the tip!

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

Try to get a scale to weigh your complete bike, because making a list of the parts and using mostly claimed weight isnt a correct way. And as you see, you always forget things :)

stef32

by stef32

My lbs bike shop just pick up the line, cant wait to see them in person.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RMcC

by RMcC

I'm just about to start with my 2011 Focus Cayo although mine came with ultegra. I upgraded the crankset and wheels straight away but still have the originals for comparison when it comes to weighing.