anyone else notice the huge text now?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
slyboots

by slyboots

Like fonts got messed up and there it this message up top:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4409: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'

Tried Chrome and Safari on Mac.

sheephead84

by sheephead84

same problem here, thought i'd zoomed in or something.

font's all over the shop, same error message at top of screen;

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4409: ob_start() [ref.outcontrol]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ross

by ross

Yes its borked here too :D

53x12

by 53x12

Same here.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

For me too, I feel like I'm reading a 12 year old's first bit of word processing. Everything is size 20 font. :frightened:

markyboy

by markyboy

Looks ok to me :D i dont have to put my glasses on now :lol:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The font is enormous.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

cnuted for me too...

Guy

by Guy

Knackered for me too.

Seems like Admin need to turn off gzip compression and delete all files in the phpBB cache folder, except for index.htm and .htaccess (from the phpBB support forums).

robertg

by robertg

Glad I am not the only one having this issue. I thought I screwed something up.

hansonator69

by hansonator69

same problem here as well... :noidea:
Slam your stem.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Before the next person states the obvious (that it's the same for them as well) -

Guys, it's a PHP error. Meaning it has *NOTHING* to do with your browser. *NOTHING* to do with if you're viewing it on a desktop, a laptop, a mobile phone's web client, or the end of your kitchen sink's drain.

A PHP error means that there's something wrong on the server side of things.

That's something Florian needs to take care of, and Frankie-B will get in touch with him.

Thanks.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

si1ver
Shop Owner

by si1ver

Yeah the font looks like i have zoom in or something . Zooming out only make the font up the navigation bar ridiculously small.

slyboots

by slyboots

prendrefeu wrote:Meaning it has *NOTHING* to do with your browser. *NOTHING* to do with if you're viewing it on a desktop, a laptop, a mobile phone's web client, or the end of your kitchen sink's drain.

Why are you so expressive about it? Did we do something horrendously wrong here? Do you by chance leave in an imaginary world where every person knows exactly what PHP is and how it is different from, I don't know, some other web programming thingy?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Sorry for being overly expressive about it, slyboots. Really apologize.

I felt that if I did not add something to differentiate between other posts then inevitably people will just gloss over it and keep adding more posts stating the same thing.

PHP is different from other web programming 'thingy' in that it is server based and does not strictly affect structure or css of the output (which is the site itself). PHP does output the site's html and css through the script, but if the script is messed up then the output is messed up. If the script is fine then what comes out is - usually - fine. If, for example, some people started reporting the site looking weird but there was no PHP error stated* then we could begin to ask what clients people are using. For example if Chrome (beta) updated overnight and folks were using that, there is a chance that the client itself is now set to interpret code differently and then makes sites look strange "all of a sudden" - but the server is still outputing the exact same stuff it was before. There are web standards for what html and css coding looks like and how it is read. Clients do not always have to follow that structure, although it is in their best interest to do so in order to make their users (us) happy with their compatibility. Sometimes during updates, especially on beta/test browsers, a little of the browser's own code gets modified by mistake, or a bolean gets forgotten to be switched one way or the other and then all of a sudden websites start looking not normal. That's when it's a browser problem, and when it is a browser problem you won't see an error come up on the website itself, you'll see an error come up on the browser window (maybe, if it even realizes there's an error). Does that make sense?

*One really nice thing about PHP from a coding perspective is that if there is an error it will let you know: both what the error is and where the error is. Not all languages do that. There are some which simply have an error, won't work, but won't tell you where the error is either. Those are just fun to work with... part of the reason I stopped coding a decade ago.

I design by trade, but have coded for the 'web' since 1994. I know PHP (learned it during the .com era, around 1998-2001) and still code with PHP from time to time when my programmers are on vacation or there's an emergency from a client. I know how the internet "works"
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.