Are new submissions still accepted?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
chadd

by chadd

Just curious if new submissions are still being accepted or not? I have submitted weights for several items that are not on the list and haven't seen them show up so I wasn't sure if I should resubmit them or if I would be wasting my time?

Thanks,
Chadd

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

have you submitted weights to here:

viewtopic.php?f=100&t=71888
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chadd

by chadd

No I submitted them through the listings web pages for the individual components here.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/listings.php

I didnt see a way to submit anything on the link that you posted.

Thanks,
Chadd

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Then have a look here: viewforum.php?f=36
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

53x12

by 53x12

chadd wrote:Just curious if new submissions are still being accepted or not? I have submitted weights for several items that are not on the list and haven't seen them show up so I wasn't sure if I should resubmit them or if I would be wasting my time?

Thanks,
Chadd

I have tried submitting listings over the past 4-6 months. None of mine ever go through. So don't feel bad.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

austke

by austke

I believe submissions are a very relevent/important part of weight weenies. I have had a submission go through in the past. But unfortunately there appears to be some parts that dont get submitted, for whatever reason I am not sure. It is the first thing I look to for new parts that I am looking to add to my rides.

Cheers austke
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Okay, it seems that users of the forum only check the part of the forum that they are redirected to through google, or a different search engine. Please have a look at the board index. There is more to Weight weenies then the MTB and road forum. The new listings are in there as well. There are even two subforums for it.

Listings sheet & upload
Listings bugs (this also includes questions about why weights don't get submitted.)

Please have a look around before you complain. Please read, inform yourself.

Thanks

53x12

by 53x12

That is not my experience Frankie. Even when I have submitted weights for bike parts not even listed, they never get uploaded. I know this takes time. I know you guys have life outside of the forum, however my experience is that submissions have not been added.

Please don't be derogatory and state someone needs to read and inform themselves as if they haven't already. Not sure how you can say someone hasn't read what you are referring them to unless you knew them?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

53x12 wrote:That is not my experience Frankie. Even when I have submitted weights for bike parts not even listed, they never get uploaded. I know this takes time. I know you guys have life outside of the forum, however my experience is that submissions have not been added.

I really hope that all the contributors in this topic go to the forum for the listings with their comments and thoughts as that part of the forums is outsourced to Jason from Fairwheel bikes.

53x12 wrote:Please don't be derogatory and state someone needs to read and inform themselves as if they haven't already. Not sure how you can say someone hasn't read what you are referring them to unless you knew them?

Sorry, I didn't want to sound derogatory, but how many posters with sub 30 posts posting in the for sale forum? when you sign up to the forum you state that you agree with the rules of the forum, yet a lot of people don't read them. That is why we added a second announcement on top of the for sale forum that a lot of people don't seem to read either.
That is where my comment is coming from. A lot of people talk about things they can solve themselves with some reading.

53x12

by 53x12

^ My bad Frankie. I thought you made that comment directed at me. Sorry if I took it out of context as you seem to have meant it in general. No hard feelings. :beerchug:

austke

by austke

Frankie - B wrote:Okay, it seems that users of the forum only check the part of the forum that they are redirected to through google, or a different search engine. Please have a look at the board index. There is more to Weight weenies then the MTB and road forum. The new listings are in there as well.

There are even two subforums for it.
Listings sheet & upload
Listings bugs (this also includes questions about why weights don't get submitted.)

Please have a look around before you complain. Please read, inform yourself.

Thanks

This is Exactly the section of the site that I am referring too. I could be wrong, But my understanding is that Aerolite pedals are the the lightest, But they are not on the list? This is just one example of the top of my head.

I also mainly use the view new posts section so I am able to follow All the forum as a whole, which is I find great.

I am not wanting to be rude about it, just trying to get an understanding.

Cheers Austke
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Can we just take down the website based listing link on starbike.com or just have it link directly to the gdocs page. I think this causes 90% of the confusion.

pow216

by pow216

I've looked at the lists here over the years but there seems to be hardly any new entries, or they being maintained or are they purely historic now?

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Go here for new listings viewtopic.php?f=100&t=71888

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

savechief

by savechief

pow216 wrote:I've looked at the lists here over the years but there seems to be hardly any new entries, or they being maintained or are they purely historic now?

Well, sort of. I submitted about 8-10 entries many months ago, and they still haven't been added. I was told via PM that the lists are only being updated two times a year.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268