Fmb and Dugast

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wshiong

by wshiong

Anyone know where to buy ?

Dugast direct online dont offer paypal.

Thanks
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

https://www.worldclasscycles.com

amateurish, 1998 style website, but they have always delivered quickly and provided tracking numbers with shipment.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

musk3t

by musk3t

http://portlandbicyclestudio.com/

Call these guys. FMB definitely superior to Dugast these days, based on my own first hand experience over a few years.

Geoff

by Geoff

+1 on WWC. FMB and Dugast are both really nice tires. Not sure that I would agree FMB is clearly superior to Dugast, but they are certainly the equal of Dugast for road. For 'cross, I think that Dugast is still the king.

wshiong

by wshiong

thanks guys :thumbup:
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

musk3t

by musk3t

Geoff wrote:+1 on WWC. FMB and Dugast are both really nice tires. Not sure that I would agree FMB is clearly superior to Dugast, but they are certainly the equal of Dugast for road. For 'cross, I think that Dugast is still the king.

Have you compared current Dugast and FMB CX tyres?

Geoff

by Geoff

I still prefer the Dugast treads. Don't get me wrong, I really like FMB and have run them on the road for over 5 years. I have had really good luck with Dugast, though.

ewwhite

by ewwhite

I buy from World Class Cycles - http://www.worldclasscycles.com/

I've only had Dugust on the track (great tread, but fragile and only lasted 5 rides). It was sidewall damage.

Clearance. by ewwhite, on Flickr

My FMB experience is mixed... I've had a pair of the FMB Paris Roubaix Pro on a training/singlespeed bike I like the ride/tread, size (25mm). But one year in, the protective sidewall started to peel away, leaving something I probably shouldn't ride on.

Another FMB view. I'll just make it a short ride... by ewwhite, on Flickr

wshiong

by wshiong

The tyre is too high. The uneven surface scrap my brakes :cry:
Passoni Mirror

Passoni Xxti

LionelB

by LionelB

wshiong wrote:The tyre is too high. The uneven surface scrap my brakes :cry:

which one in which size did you buy ?

SpinnerTim

by SpinnerTim

otoman wrote:https://www.worldclasscycles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

amateurish, 1998 style website, but they have always delivered quickly and provided tracking numbers with shipment.

Agreed, on both points. Actually, I hope and pray they never upgrade that site. Since the service, selection, and prices are excellent, the Geocities-esque website is like a nostalgic relic.

It's so bad it almost becomes endearing. I half expect to see breaking news of a precocious Jan Ullrich's TDF win every time I go to order tires.

As for that delaminating PRP, maybe you can remove the latex appliqué, aquaseal the underlying sidewall, and just pretend it's the standard FMB Paris-Roubaix. Other than the sidewall latex, that's all the PRP is. How's the tube condition and tread life?

-Tim

xrs2

by xrs2

Just a PS, if you want Dugast instead of FMB, the easiest place to buy in the US is cyclocrossworld.com. Despite their name, they sell Dugast road tires.

Like everyone else, I get my FMBs from World Class Cycles. They're great (both the tires and the people at WCC).

One note though: the latest FMBs from WCC are stamped "WORLD CLASS CYCLES", which I actually find really annoying.

tetonrider

by tetonrider

i will echo the kudos for worldclasscycles (service and website).

i had a pair of FMB P-Rs see an early demise (tread delimitation), but they were a very sweet ride and were replaced promptly. based on other experience with FMB tires, i suspect this was an anomaly.

SpinnerTim wrote:As for that delaminating PRP, maybe you can remove the latex appliqué, aquaseal the underlying sidewall, and just pretend it's the standard FMB Paris-Roubaix. Other than the sidewall latex, that's all the PRP is.

under what circumstances would you advise the PRP vs the regular P-R? a 700x25 PR is 280-285g on my scale. i have been thinking about a pair for use for something like the tour of the battenkill (http://www.tourofthebattenkill.com) -- a mix of pavement + dirt & gravel, but no cobbles. i wonder if the extra protection of the PRPs would make any difference in such conditions. this would be offset by, presumably, extra weight and a bit less of a supple feel.

xrs2 wrote:One note though: the latest FMBs from WCC are stamped "WORLD CLASS CYCLES", which I actually find really annoying.

agreed. i suppose it is advertising. i've noticed such stamps from other merchants on these tires. perhaps FMB offers this as a service to their retail partners. i prefer the simplicity of just the FMB logo.

konky

by konky

Shame neither Fmb or Dugast do't do an all black tyre. They both have a really old fashioned appearance which doesn't suit the stealth look at all. Yes we're talking aesthetics here but when you're shelling out that much you want the product to look right too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LionelB

by LionelB

FMB is doing an all black: http://www.fm-boyaux.fr/produit.php?ref ... ubrique=23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;