Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

CaptainP

by CaptainP

Looks great. Maybe try with a pair of gumwals sometime.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

BxEddie wrote:Image

What do you think?

I like this frame, two tone black on white. Keep with that and keep it simple. I think the higher profile Reynolds wheels you showed a few pages back would look great if you destickered them (the "Reynolds" all over them really overwhelmed the bike), with just a black walled tire. And even though you probably love your white seatpost and white saddle, I think the bike would look better as a whole if both the seatpost and saddle were black, in keeping with the all black front end. But I do like the all black front end much more than what you had before. Just aesthetics, I know... but geez... it's a Colnago, and aesthetics count. :thumbup:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

irongatsby

by irongatsby

BxEddie wrote:Image
What do you think?

Even better than before. Great stuff, good taste..

Yes, perhaps a black seatpost is better, but the saddle is perfect.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

rodebaron51 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmJtYaUTa0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rodebaron, that video was insane.....and i thought peter sagan was cool. great stuff..

BxEddie

by BxEddie

Thank you colnago.
I must say, your EPQ is the most beautiful Colnago ever (not the saddle). Whish I had a PR99.
You said: keep it simple. And I think, I`m on my way back. But if I do the hole bike in black, I think it becomes boring.
Tomorrow I`ll give you a pic with black seatpost. Looking forward to try the wheels.

Thanks irongatsby. Yes the regal will stay for shure.

BxEddie

by BxEddie

Couldn´t test the new wheels. Rain and wet roads.
Here´s a pic with black seatpost.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Winner :thumbup:

Zitter

by Zitter

I like the white one better. The black stem works because it blends into the paint job on the headtube, but the seatpost junction is all white (except the clamp) so the white post works better with it imo.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Sorry, but I think that sadlle/seatpost combination ruins the whole bike.

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Really? I think it's almost perfect (if zero setback seatpost is what fits you best. if beauty was the only concern, a setback post would look better in my opinion). The correlation between the seatpost and the whole front cockpit is great, and the slighty thicker wheel & tire package rounds outs the black elements nicely. The exposed carbon portion of the top tube and other areas of the frame being picked up by the carbon weave on the saddle is sublime. This bike is going into my 'Colnagulous Only' folder. Okay, I think I've complimented this bike enough. I'm done.. :thumbup:

eurperg

by eurperg

Black looks better, but do you really need a non-setback seatpost? The saddle looks looks very forward, raises questions about bike fit...

White seatposts, stems and bars are a common sight in sub-1K€ bikes these days, yuck...

kgt

by kgt

majklnajt wrote:Sorry, but I think that sadlle/seatpost combination ruins the whole bike.

I don't like the seatpost either but the saddle is more than fine.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I think the black one would be better. The white one is ok, but with that seatpost.... aaargh.

BxEddie

by BxEddie

Thank you irongatsby. yes, the zerosetback seatpost fits best in relation to the position of the crankset.
@eurperg: The saddle is mouted in the middle, where it schould be. I like your deda seatpost in glossy finisch.
But if I use a 25mm setback sp. I have to mount the saddle in all forward position, whitch I don`t like.
Please let us not start a bike size-fit discossion again. ;-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

anquetil

by anquetil

Nice bike, most important is that you have right size, other parts can be changed easily.