Who do you think is riding clean?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

I'll say no more. Decision of if it's published does not rest with me, but I've expressed my desire to see it make the next edition of the magazine (was not written by me either).

Which, for the sake of disclosure, is RIDE Mag.

I'm just a freelancer for them though. So my opinion, in the grand scheme of things, not a massive vote :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

Tinea Pedis wrote:
53x12 wrote:Evans has some questionable ties to a dirty doctor so I won't include him on the list for myself.

Full explanation of his 'relationship' with Ferrari hopefully going to be published in the coming months.

When he first came over to the road he was under Ferrari, but it lasted a very short time so far as I'm aware. He then moved over to Aldo Sassi who was stridently anti-drugs. There's not been that many I would have a wager on being clean, but I would with Evans.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Your understanding of his 'relationship' with Ferrari is a little off.

Which is why I'm hoping it gets published.

Timo

by Timo

Still curious why people list Gilbert despite the fact that he had his stunning 2011 season backed by doctor Jose Ibarguren Taus and with the strange Wim Vansevenant TB500 case in mind.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Marzz

by Marzz

Big difference between legal, clean and ethical.

In my heart I'd love to believed the peloton is riding clean, but my head tells me otherwise.

It would totally suck if someone like Gilbert or Sagan were doping.
S-Works Venge

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Even if they do(and I truly believe they don't), it's better for cycling in general to shut all dirty little mouths quiet.

53x12

by 53x12

Tinea Pedis wrote:Full explanation of his 'relationship' with Ferrari hopefully going to be published in the coming months.

Will let the internationals know if/when it happens.

Needless to say, it should put to bed this discussion.

I have no idea what Evans did with Dr. Ferrari. All I am stating is that I personally would not put him on a "clean" list. If you associated all of those who have worked with Dr. Ferrari, it raises questions. Ferrari's reputation as a "dirty" doctor existed before Evans had ties with him. That raises questions to me.

Tinea Pedis wrote:Your understanding of his 'relationship' with Ferrari is a little off.

Which is why I'm hoping it gets published.

Do you mind sharing what you know?
Last edited by 53x12 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

53x12

by 53x12

stella-azzurra wrote:I think the following are clean: 53x12, artray, KWalker, elviento, prendrefeu everyone else is on something.

:mrgreen: I'm too slow to benefit from doping. I would need to skip the EPO and go straight for the jet engine.

"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

53x12, it's nothing personal. Relax mate.

Not many people, outside of Cadel and a few others, actually know the full story.

Alas the information is not mine to divulge (just yet).

53x12

by 53x12

Relax TP? Where did I even get excited? I just asked a simple question and you act like I took a piss on your lawn.

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Kasparz wrote:Even if they do(and I truly believe they don't), it's better for cycling in general to shut all dirty little mouths quiet.

Not sure I understand? Are you suggesting that cooperating with law enforcement, or admitting illegal conduct, should not occur? I don't know if that's what you mean, so appologies if I misunderstood.

I will say that the recent history of the sport pretty clearly substantiates that omerta is a problem, not a solution. And you're not going to break open many cartels or conspiracies without cutting a deal with a cooperating dirty insider or two.

I hope Sagan is clean, too. I am amazed by that guy.

53x12

by 53x12

Thor Hushovd?

KWalker

by KWalker

I take a corticosteroid inhaler without a TUE. Its not on the banned list, yet, but I try and stay ahead of the game.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Kasparz

by Kasparz

worstshotever wrote:
Kasparz wrote:Even if they do(and I truly believe they don't), it's better for cycling in general to shut all dirty little mouths quiet.

Not sure I understand? Are you suggesting that cooperating with law enforcement, or admitting illegal conduct, should not occur? I don't know if that's what you mean, so appologies if I misunderstood.

Well, lots of my friends, colleagues are talking about doping in cycling even if they are not connected with any kind of sports. USADA case is big deal in local news. Word 'Cycling' automatically associates with 'Doping'. Cycling received damage hard enough with all the dirty doping talk, lets give it a rest. Armstrongs doping cases received more media time than actual cycling races. If big dogs in peloton riting now will be found as a drug cheats, cycling will be more or less dead. Imagine being a sponsor or a parent who's kid wants to get involved in something as dirty as cycling.

Giant DK

by Giant DK

stella-azzurra wrote:I think the following are clean: 53x12, artray, KWalker, elviento, prendrefeu everyone else is on something.

Try an google 53x12.com :P
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com