Any alternatives to a Six evo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

konky

by konky

That price is going to make a lot of currant Cervelo owners feel rather unwell. It does me a bit. I paid £2,800 for a standard R5 frame (with Rotor crank) before the VWD version came out. It was annoying enough when the lighter version came out i.e. VWD, but now they are being sold 1/2 price as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

NeilPryde Bura SL - Frame Weight sub 750g frame. I got to test ride one a few weeks back and it was most impressive.
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

deermatt

by deermatt

You could built up a supersix hi-mod with all the same parts and be very very close to the same weight and performance as those parts on a evo. You'd also have a big chunk of money leftover.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

Well according to Giant, SS is much stiffer than Evo. Evo wins by being around 230g lighter. I still think SS-HM would be my choice.

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Why would you want another bike besides the Evo? It's a wonderful bike with a sublime ride. Get it and and done with it!

maccpres

by maccpres

I was thinking about the EVO. Ended up with the Felt F1 my frame weighed 812g. Love it

logy

by logy

I have an Evo with custom zipp 303 on Tune hubs, Red, Ax post, Smolke bars etc. it is better than I deserve and can't be faulted.

djconnel

by djconnel

I saw a 2012 Cannondale Evo for sale last weekend, built out with SRAM Red (Cannondale crank) for $4k. How can you compare that to the Willier Zero.7, which I see also in San Francisco for sale for $10k?

Stack-reach chart is interesting. Here's the official geometry table. Of course individual riders don't care much about the full stack-reach chart but rather only care about perhaps 2 points, so I wouldn't pick one brand over another because it's stack-reach chart is better-looking.

tranzformer

by tranzformer

djconnel wrote:I saw a 2012 Cannondale Evo for sale last weekend, built out with SRAM Red (Cannondale crank) for $4k.

What wheels were on that? When you say Cannondale crank, do you mean a SISL or the SRAM branded Cannondale crank? That is a smoking deal for $4k.

HakanC

by HakanC

djconnel wrote:Of course individual riders don't care much about the full stack-reach chart but rather only care about perhaps 2 points, so I wouldn't pick one brand over another because it's stack-reach chart is better-looking.

+1

/Håkan
SWEDEN

Martymcfly

by Martymcfly

konky wrote:That price is going to make a lot of currant Cervelo owners feel rather unwell. It does me a bit. I paid £2,800 for a standard R5 frame (with Rotor crank) before the VWD version came out. It was annoying enough when the lighter version came out i.e. VWD, but now they are being sold 1/2 price as well.

Apparently, Cervelo overproduced (or maybe overimported ) the R5. I, for one, am extremely happy in that I am now able to afford what was previously out of reach- mine arrives next week :wink:

oreoboreo

by oreoboreo

I also found one of the left over 2012 Evo's with full Sram Red. The 4k is a sweet deal if you can find one out there. I also have a Scott R1 full DA which has been gathering dust since I bought the Evo.

When I was looking I rode Most of what I could find in Portland Oregon, once I climbed on the Evo I was sold. The closest ride was the Time, however 2x the price. 500 miles on the new ride and the Scott may become the winter bike.

Hunting is 1/2 the fun, the best part is when you find a bike that does what you want when your body is in shape to do it. Hammer time!
Let's finish the ride with a 20% grade.

2011 Scott Addict R1 DA 7900 Matt black
2012 Scott CR1 Pro Ultegra 6700
2015 Specialized SWorks Tarmac Da 9000
2016 Specialized SWorks Tarmac DA 9100