Which fork will clear my new tubulars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kastrup

by Kastrup

I recently purchased a set of pave wheels from a Saxo-bank mechanic. He couldn't tell me if they had ridden the actual event but confirmed that they had seen some action at various cobbled spring classics.

I bought the wheels knowing that the huge rebranded Dugast tubulars probably wouldn't clear my Easton Ea90 sl fork. And just as expected, when i spun the wheel, it wouldn't go all the way round. Looking at the clearance with the front brake taken off it's clear that there isn't nearly enough space for even the slighest bit of dirt to pass through.
Due to this foreseen problem, i am now looking for a new fork. I tried the wheels on an old Edge fork and they cleared fine, so i suspect that the new Enve (previously named Edge) forks might get the job done. These are expensive however so i was wondering if there might be other and preferably less expensive options out there?
If one had similar wheels to mine and could point in the direction if a nice fork that would be great!

Thanks in advance

Emil Kastrup
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

LionelB

by LionelB

I went to long reach brake and a specific build for paris-roubaix type riding. Mines are FMB 27. Are the Dugast 27 ?

Edge will work (not with campy short reach brakes though) but with very limited room for mud or gravel.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kastrup

by Kastrup

I believe the Dugasts are 27 but actually measure a little wider.
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

styrrell

by styrrell

Kastrup wrote:I believe the Dugasts are 27 but actually measure a little wider.

Edge and ritchey seem to have the most clearance for readily available sort reach road forks.

LionelB

by LionelB

You may want to look also at the Pegoretti Falz.

Kastrup

by Kastrup

I'll have a look at the Ritchey as well. I have always liked their components so wouldn't mind adding another one of their creations to my bike.
Can't find anywhere to purchase the Falz fork, it sure looks good though! But i can't imagine it being cheap?

LionelB

by LionelB

Kastrup wrote:Can't find anywhere to purchase the Falz fork, it sure looks good though! But i can't imagine it being cheap?

Sorry I overlooked the cheap part :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com