Felt FA/F75 7031g (15lbs 8oz) build for $1600

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ch1llg

by ch1llg

roadytracky wrote:How much are the Farsport 38's? I've been considering those as well. Look forward to hearing about your experience with them.

I've been changing things around on my F85. Tweaking, working out the bugs, adjusting the fit, changing components. I'll post some pics when I'm a bit happier with the way it looks (your bike set the bar very high). I changed the stem, to a 3t ARX Team I had lying around. It improved the fit, and dropped 31g, but the ARX Team's red stripe looks out of place on my bike. Again, I really don't want to spend $$$ on a "spare/winter" bike, but I'm considering buying a 3t ARX "Pro" to better match the rest of the bike.

BTW - I bought my F85 new for $700 (plus tax) for a complete 2012 stock bike. Of course I changed a few components, but still, Felt's clearance prices are a steal (my LBS had alot to do with it, too).

I ordered the (CM's) with an upgrade to Edhubs in total with the 3% pay pal charge with shipping it came to $679.00. As soon as one of my other bikes sells I will be ordering 50 mm (CN's) (cheaper set up) they run about 550 shipped. The 38's use Cx-ray spokes and are supposed to be in the 1250 gram range. I am really anxious to get those bad boys!

I will definitely post up when I get them.
2011 Felt F5 Limited
2007 Lynskey Level 2
2008 Masi Speciale Fixed
2011 Felt F75

ch1llg

by ch1llg

Just ordered wheels. After a long and hard thought process with the Budget in mind I went with Farsports FSC50-CN with Edhubs

Wheels should be here in about 4 to 5 days. :lol:
2011 Felt F5 Limited
2007 Lynskey Level 2
2008 Masi Speciale Fixed
2011 Felt F75

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

loudtiger

by loudtiger

I don't usually post much here since my bike isn't very weight-weenie yet, but I thought some of you would be interested in seeing an F-series bike on 38mm carbon wheels:

_DSC0410 by loudtiger, on Flickr

roadytracky

by roadytracky

Here's a couple pics of my buddy's 2012 F75. Full Red. Aluminum FSA Bars. Velocity 32 Spoke Wheels (or maybe 28, sorry). This is the bike that 1st got me thinking about buying an aluminum F.
Attachments
557755_314181708688697_1567885474_n.jpg
304487_314181688688699_1321728470_n.jpg

roadytracky

by roadytracky

A few more pics of my cheapy F85. Over a month into it, love the bike more and more everyday. Highly recommended!
Attachments
No more Carbon 50's. The ride was so smooth, and of course fast on those 50's. Really surprised how much harsher the ride is with aluminum rims. I thought it would've been the opposite.
No more Carbon 50's. The ride was so smooth, and of course fast on those 50's. Really surprised how much harsher the ride is with aluminum rims. I thought it would've been the opposite.
After from Carbon to Aluminum wheels, to a Dura-Ace 11-28 Cassette, 3T ARX Team Stem, and from 2012 Red to a Rival Rear Derailleur, the weight stayed exactly the same. Weird coincidence.
After from Carbon to Aluminum wheels, to a Dura-Ace 11-28 Cassette, 3T ARX Team Stem, and from 2012 Red to a Rival Rear Derailleur, the weight stayed exactly the same. Weird coincidence.
Random photo. Love this Cinelli tape. Love looking at it, plus for a no-glove wearin' fool like me, the padding and no-slip feel are the best I've ever had.
Random photo. Love this Cinelli tape. Love looking at it, plus for a no-glove wearin' fool like me, the padding and no-slip feel are the best I've ever had.
Me racing the F85 4 days after it arrived in the box. Mechanic really did an amazing job getting this thing race ready for me in no-time!
Me racing the F85 4 days after it arrived in the box. Mechanic really did an amazing job getting this thing race ready for me in no-time!

roadytracky

by roadytracky

Shot this at a gas station on the tail-end of my ride this morning. Wish I'd put a bit more effort into it: remove the seatpack and bottles, for instance. I feel so comfy & fast on this thing, I really don't want to change the position, but...I can't believe how high up my bars are, visually. The position looks really freddy. I'd like to try a negative rise stem on there. A 3t ARX Pro -17 (instead of the ARX Team so there'd be a white stripe instead of the red stripe. Would tie in nicer with the stock Felt seatpost). It would put the bars a bit lower.

ch1llg

by ch1llg

roadytracky wrote:Image

Shot this at a gas station on the tail-end of my ride this morning. Wish I'd put a bit more effort into it: remove the seatpack and bottles, for instance. I feel so comfy & fast on this thing, I really don't want to change the position, but...I can't believe how high up my bars are, visually. The position looks really freddy. I'd like to try a negative rise stem on there. A 3t ARX Pro -17 (instead of the ARX Team so there'd be a white stripe instead of the red stripe. Would tie in nicer with the stock Felt seatpost). It would put the bars a bit lower.

A pro stem would match the whit in the bike. Did you know that the only difference in the pro and team stems is the Ti hardware and color of the stripe. Ive got a -17 on my Lynskey but only due to the fact that the head tube is taller and I wanted to match the geometry of the F5. Im thinking of going back to a -6 though. A -17 would be really low on your ride, you may have back or neck issues on long rides.
2011 Felt F5 Limited
2007 Lynskey Level 2
2008 Masi Speciale Fixed
2011 Felt F75

ch1llg

by ch1llg

Ok, it took a little longer for the wheels to finally come in but it was worth the wait in the end.
I ordered Far Sports FSC50-CN's which were supposed to weigh 1480g +/-30g. I upgraded to the Edhubs which would have brought it down to 1420g

Check this out!

Rear wheel

Front wheel

1369g! Oh yeah! By the way these wheels are on sale right now :thumbup:

Here's a pic of the ride, enjoy, I am!

I also switched out the rear cassette with a 11-26 Sram Red total weight 15lbs 8oz, not bad for 1600 bucks spent.
2011 Felt F5 Limited
2007 Lynskey Level 2
2008 Masi Speciale Fixed
2011 Felt F75

roadytracky

by roadytracky

That's one of the nicest looking bikes I've ever seen. Really love all of the little details and the strategic use of white components.

Thanks for the info on the wheels.