Changes to the Helium - Madfiber clinchers

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Beautiful bikes! I did read you have a rotor 3D crank with compact rings. I'm thinking to sell my SR titanium 11s crank (53/39) and replace it with a rotor3D crank and quark powermeter. Could you tell me what compact rings you use and how you like the shifting performance compared to the campy crank. One more question, what bb are you using with you crank?
Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Frankie13

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

How do you like the madfibers?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Voye

by Voye

Hi,

Bottom Bracket on the Helium is the Rotor BB1 and on the Noah HSC Ceramic. Both are really smooth right now and can't really a major difference at this point. I tend to ride a little harder on the Noah which could be a combination of factors.

The Compact has a 50/34 QRings set up right now and shifting has been pretty good. No chain drop issues has many have experienced with the those rings. The only difference I have really noticed is from small to bid ring, not as smooth and crisp as my previous Record crank. Best way to describe would be that it requires a little more positive force on the shifter. Nothing that would make me want to go back however. The crank is great and easy to work with, the P2M is excellent and I particularely enjoy the Q Rings. Perhaps shifting might improve a little with a Praxis or CT2 combo...and maybe for the next set will go that route!

The MF are really a nice set of wheels...I realize not the latest trend in wide rims but so for I am a very happy customer. Mind you they have only been out a few times and no major wind days but I can't see how I would not like them. I don't have to tell you that at 1285grams for 66/60mm they spin up fast...faster than all the other clinchers I have or had on hand and hold speed nicely. I am light at 145lbs off season now so I don't really flex wheels but on the Helium or the Noah...everything is rock solid! I bought them not for one reason in particular but a combination, weight, deepness, warranty, crash replacement(I intend on racing them) price and the great service and communication from the Cdn Rep at Power2Max....and I also think they look pretty cool and still pretty unique around here..so call it bling!

Sorry for the longish answers
Cheers

Voye

by Voye

Hi,

Bottom Bracket on the Helium is the Rotor BB1 and on the Noah HSC Ceramic. Both are really smooth right now and can't really a major difference at this point. I tend to ride a little harder on the Noah which could be a combination of factors.

The Compact has a 50/34 QRings set up right now and shifting has been pretty good. No chain drop issues has many have experienced with the those rings. The only difference I have really noticed is from small to bid ring, not as smooth and crisp as my previous Record crank. Best way to describe would be that it requires a little more positive force on the shifter. Nothing that would make me want to go back however. The crank is great and easy to work with, the P2M is excellent and I particularely enjoy the Q Rings. Perhaps shifting might improve a little with a Praxis or CT2 combo...and maybe for the next set will go that route!

The MF are really a nice set of wheels...I realize not the latest trend in wide rims but so for I am a very happy customer. Mind you they have only been out a few times and no major wind days but I can't see how I would not like them. I don't have to tell you that at 1285grams for 66/60mm they spin up fast...faster than all the other clinchers I have or had on hand and hold speed nicely. I am light at 145lbs off season now so I don't really flex wheels but on the Helium or the Noah...everything is rock solid! I bought them not for one reason in particular but a combination, weight, deepness, warranty, crash replacement(I intend on racing them) price and the great service and communication from the Cdn Rep at Power2Max....and I also think they look pretty cool and still pretty unique around here..so call it bling!

Sorry for the longish answers
Cheers

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure yet if I want to go with oval chainrings since smooth shifting is very important to me. I did some readying last night and I will give rotor a call on Monday since I thought they mentioned in the Fact's section that calibration the Quark PM with the Praxis rings wasn't all that great. The Stronglite rings seem to be harder to come by here in the US.