Exustar Pro carbon Ti pedal (with picts)-SUPER light!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Got my Exustar Pro carbon Ti (E-PR200CKTI) pedals in today! After a fair amount of research I pulled the trigger on these from an ebay seller. Seems as if prices differ depending on where you look for them but they price between $229-$280. I waited out an ebay seller with a best offer and got them for $174 with free shipping.

88g/pedal! I dont have a scale at home so i cant weigh them to confirm, but I can tell you that they feel like a zip lock bag of popcorn! I couldn't believe how light they felt in my hands. One benefit that i can confirm is that they are compatible with look keo cleats, which means since my cleats are in good shape still, I dont have to spend the time in switching them out with the new ones. The cleats that come with them have a rubber "Non slip" bumper in the center. The bottom of the cleat has the option to adjust the amount of side to side float.

You can see in the picture below that it has a wider platform than the keo pedals I had. I haven't had the chance to test ride them yet to tell whether or not it feels any better or not. They seem to spin very smooth as far as I can tell in my garage.

I hope to get back with a FULL review with how they felt on the road very soon.

Here are some pictures

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

image12

by image12

Keo blade Ti pedals are close in weight and have no weight limit

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Keo ti pedals cost more and have had warranty issue w/ the carbon blade. These are lighter, cost less, easily serviceable and work just as well! Mine are coming up on 3 years old.
Speedplay is the devil!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

image12 wrote:Keo blade Ti pedals are close in weight and have no weight limit

Blade ti pedals are a claimed 189g+70g in hardware=258g at $390 retail
Exustar pro carbon Ti pedals are a claimed 176g+70g = 246g at $229 retail

I don't need to worry about weight limit and I still have an extra $120 I can spend on other accessories to help make my bike lighter.

For me, in this situation exustar was a no brainer.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

I also ditched those rubber pieces in the cleats- I found them to be a nuisance.
Speedplay is the devil!

Johhny Bravo

by Johhny Bravo

aren't those exustar eps-r the ones which have been recalled due to breakage?

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml12/12078.html

the article relates to Forté pedals sold by Performance, but they are just rebranded Exustar pedals

if they are the same pedals, i would recommend you to return them...
Ride safe!
Eduardo
2011 Look 695 SR

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I cant say no they aren't because I dont know for certain, but mine look different than that pedal. It has its similarities of course but is different. I hope there isn't an issue with them.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Be careful on the Exustar carbon ti pedals - I snapped two pedal bodies myself two seasons ago on them. One instance was carbon breakage and the other the pin coming out that attaches the back piece which inturn snapped part of the carbon as well.

I also had the issue of the cleats wearing down very fast.
Just ride ..

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Sweet! I'm still hoping for good performance out of these. Wish people like you would have posted up this information when I posted questions about them.

image12

by image12

I'm 195-200lbs so weight limit does matter to me

I got my ti blades on ebay for $158 shipped.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Thats a good deal. I wanted the blades also, till I heard of several instances of the blades braking. I'm sure you have had great luck with yours. I really wanted them but all the stories and people telling me not to scared me a bit.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

Bianchi10 wrote:I cant say no they aren't because I dont know for certain, but mine look different than that pedal. It has its similarities of course but is different. I hope there isn't an issue with them.

I think he's referring to the 100's I mentioned. Not the same lot, batch, whatever- I've had no issues and one pair is 2 years old.
Speedplay is the devil!

pholcus

by pholcus

Wonderful pedals! I got them 8 months ago, done 4000 km, perfect. Weight is super, 175 g /pair!
Attachments
EPS_R weight (Medium).jpg

drchull

by drchull

I have been riding them all year at 200 lbs including Paris Roubaix and Flanders Sportive and a lot more cobbles and bad roads. They have been perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timebandit415

by Timebandit415

But are these lighter than the lightest Speedplay setup? Lets assume the Speedplay has a ti axle and all other hardware is stock.