"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Timo

by Timo

Willier wrote:Pozzato signed with Lampre for next 3 years

Well, perhaps the Lampre medical staff led by doctors Carlo Guardascione and Pietro Ronchi can bring him back at the top. Guardascione is currently under investigation in the "Mantova" case involving pharmacist Guido Nigrelli, as well as riders such as Simoni, Di Luca and Mazzoleni. Ronchi was already with Lampre under doctor Ibarguren at the time when Rumsas and Dierckxsens were caught.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ave

by ave

Regarding Boardman, indeed.
Rominger also, 2km/h faster than Indurain? :)

ave

by ave

Timo,

Regarding Indurain's Giros, what about Berzin? He must have had 70% hema?

Timo

by Timo

Berzin was with Team Gewiss and as such a client of doctor Conconi just like Indurain. Rominger was a client of doctor Ferrari.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

ave

by ave

I got that he was his client.
The thing is that he beat him. How did that happen?

Timo

by Timo

I wouldn't know. Perhaps Berzin build his form to peak in the Giro with Indurain still building up to peak in the Tour but that's just one of many possibilities.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

Can someone please define how this is bad for pro cycling other than saying 'this isn't good for cycling'? I hear/read it a lot lately but don't really know what to make of it.

Will races die? Mainstream TV coverage die? Streaming video on cyclingfans no longer? Pros make less money?

Discuss

ave

by ave

I think the biggest problem is that real sponsors are getting rare, and this case will not help.

BMC, Astana, Katyusa are already not business sponsors.
Lampre, Omega Pharma (and others) are financing their cycling team mostly because of their leaders' like of cycling.

Maybe it's not a problem, I'm not sure.

KWalker

by KWalker

Without some actual scientific data, such as VAM data or blood tests, everything you've said regarding Indurain to me is just speculation. I do not believe that a supposed link= truth or dirtiness. I've never seen anything about Indurain that showed that his climbing was at inhuman levels. He also wasn't a pure climber like people seem to make him out to be.

Personally, I think he was clean until 1994. When he and Luc LeBlanc took off and just annihilated everyone else I think it was a bit obvious that he had a tad more fitness than his previous victories. Again, he also had some of the highest lab tests ever recorded and his weight wasn't as high as people are throwing around here. His earlier performances don't stand out as crazy as those of the mid 90's-2000's

Fabian is full of shit though. He rode for CSC with all of these other dopers and worked under Cecchini as well, although maybe Checchini didn't push him to dope if we want to believe what TH said about the doc's ways.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Timo

by Timo

KWalker wrote:Without some actual scientific data, such as VAM data or blood tests, everything you've said regarding Indurain to me is just speculation. I do not believe that a supposed link= truth or dirtiness.

...and then you say...
KWalker wrote:Fabian is full of shit though. He rode for CSC with all of these other dopers and worked under Cecchini as well, although maybe Checchini didn't push him to dope if we want to believe what TH said about the doc's ways.

A link with Cecchini is prove yet a link with Conconi is speculation? Do you mind if I LOL'd?

artray

by artray

This is the big news http://road.cc/content/news/68847-anoth ... t-disaster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:thumbup:

Tapeworm

by Tapeworm

KWalker wrote:...The real funny/sad part about this is that cyclists think that this is all sophisticated stuff. Cycling's use of PEDs is probably a decade behind many other sports. Andriol is an incredibly weak steroid, EPO is fairly old news in oxygen vector doping, and cyclists seem unable to figure out how to properly use HGH and IGF-1. Shit, they still think cortisone is cutting edge. It really surprises me that cyclists stuck to such a narrow ring of doctors that really were using outdated products for a long period of time....

...because it takes them so long to catch up because they are focused on parameters that are no long disturbed with current methods. I would guess transfusions are still heavily used, however, and people still take EPO, but probably a lot less often.

By your own statement then if teams/cyclists were using more sophisticated methodology we would not know about it, due to the lag in testing capability?

Apparently the AFL teams in Aus are using this:-
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthokine

I'd never even heard of it till then. I am sure there is much more than this being used.
"Physiology is all just propaganda and lies... all waiting to be disproven by the next study."
"I'm not a real doctor; But I am a real worm; I am an actual worm." - TMBG

OJ

by OJ

KWalker wrote:Personally, I think he was clean until 1994. When he and Luc LeBlanc took off and just annihilated everyone else I think it was a bit obvious that he had a tad more fitness than his previous victories.

I don't know man...'89 and '90 Big Miq was up there, close but no cigar, and then 1991 he was at the top with large margin to 2nd. For Indurain, 1991 appears to be the watershed year.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Wow, that video on the last page from the '94 tour - those guys are nearly my size! (E.g. "Normal")

And agreed about the drug use in cycling being light years behind other sports!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roca rule

by roca rule

Behind what sports? The only other sports that cycling could be related would be long distance running and triathlons. Are you saying that distance runners and triathletes are using something more advanced than epo variants?
Remember cyclist are not in the business of short and powerful efforts, like soccer, basketball, gymnastics, rugby, etc.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2