Who do you think is riding clean?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

artray

by artray

Name a rider who you think has not doped. Just a name no chat. I will start off with Armstrong :lol: Joking :wink:

Lemond

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

The only one I can say for sure is me ... and even then, I can only speak to not knowingly doping ... maybe that hamburger I had at McDonald's last week was tainted with clenbuterol.

And anybody can tell I ride clean.
How?
'Cause I'm too damn slow, that's how.
http://www.hark.com/clips/lvcsknnncn-i-didnt-do-that

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Graeme Obree - Not exactly current but I ride with him and I'm as sure as I could be that he has always raced clean.

Don't REALLY trust anyone in the current peleton, I have hope for a few, but wouldn't put more than 50 quid as a bet on anyone being clean...

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Voeckler
Moncoutie
Cavendish (and, actually, most of the sprinters that can barely survive a cut-off on a mountain stage and spend most of the time on a flat stage sitting pretty, drinking tea and eating crumpets, then sprinting at 200000000W of power for 500m)
Chavanel
Gerdemann
Hesjdal

Artray: Why not just update your original post with the names as they are posted, and then mark them if they get caught. You'll need to be active with this though.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Timo

by Timo

The only rider I can think of is Gilles Delion.
Early in his career, Delion was seen as a great promise, but Delion ended his career in 1996, saying that at that point doping was wide-spread in the cycling peloton, and that all French teams were involved. Willy Voet wrote in his book "Massacre à la chaîne" that Delion was against doping, and that other cyclists ridiculed Delion for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Delion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In hindsight, I'd say a lot of people owe Delion an appology
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

djconnel

by djconnel

I use an anti-allergy nose spray so I may well be out.

It's definitely performance-enhancing. If I don't use it I feel like crap.

Jersland

by Jersland

Such a hard topic to comment on. Which is sad really... Timo brought to light in the "pro cycling thread" that a number of riders that have come forward in the USADA investigation have rubbed shoulders with a number of other riders and doctors that are known for doping which leaves a looming question mark over them. Remeber doping could be the use of a testosterone patch, cortisone, etc... Its something that was known as being "professional" in the ranks of pro cycling to use these tools to recover and race at a higher level. Im going to say Lemond was clean. Being the first non-european to win the tour and to do it three times was an amazing. He never receieved the retirement he deserved in the sport for his palmares due to his outspoken nature on doping. Look at the previous winners of Le Tour, none of them have taken a stance like Lemond on doping.

Timo

by Timo

In my opinion Lemond wasn't clean. He took the usual doping products that were in use during the 1980's but he missed the EPO-train and did not have an answer when Ferrari and Conconi took the stage with riders like Indurain, Chiappucci and Bugno.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So no one was ever clean, ever?

Sorry, I don't believe that at all. I believe that there are clean riders in the current peloton who have never doped. I believe that there have been clean riders who have never doped. I also believer that there are a number of riders who have doped in the past and have stopped completely.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Routier

by Routier

Without a hint of patriotism I feel confidant in saying that Wiggins has always been clean.

Evans has never doped.

Moncoutie as stated by Millar in his book.

Er...

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

i know several pros from my beloved country. they all doped at one point or another. i've trained with u23, though not officially - again, they were at the very least talking about what's good, available etc. as i written in the other topic, maybe i bet the 'bottom 10' race finishers, there's a slight chance they simply cant afford it. other than that, i'd say they're all on something, especially those who mean something in the peloton
Last edited by tymon_tm on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

prendrefeu wrote:So no one was ever clean, ever?

Sorry, I don't believe that at all. I believe that there are clean riders in the current peloton who have never doped. I believe that there have been clean riders who have never doped. I also believer that there are a number of riders who have doped in the past and have stopped completely.

this is possible. although i wouldn't look for them nowhere near the top of the results table
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Routier

by Routier

Looking at past riders, two I'm sure about are LeMond and Boardman. That's it as far as I can think right now.

ETA Satre I guess

artray

by artray

prendrefeu wrote:Voeckler
Moncoutie
Cavendish (and, actually, most of the sprinters that can barely survive a cut-off on a mountain stage and spend most of the time on a flat stage sitting pretty, drinking tea and eating crumpets, then sprinting at 200000000W of power for 500m)
Chavanel
Gerdemann
Hesjdal

Artray: Why not just update your original post with the names as they are posted, and then mark them if they get caught. You'll need to be active with this though.

I'll let it run for a while then I will go through it and make a list. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com