Non Shimano Di2 Cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Geoff wrote:Campagnolo ring spacing is very slightly different
Are you referring only to Campagnolo 11?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Shimano's di2 fd is adjustable for start- and end-points, so the space between the rings is a non-issue there. (Eps is not as adjustable, but it's more conventional in spacing, so...)
Auto-trim will work satisfactorily at worst. I agree that the motor is very strong, but unless you often shift without pedalling, i cant see that as a problem.
Im gonna go ahead and say that di2 front derailleurs are the MOST tolerant derailleurs as far as mixed setups go.

Geoff

by Geoff

Sorry, I am speaking of the sweep of the auto-trim feature. The difference between the Campagnolo and Shimano ring spacing is very close (0.2mm wider), but I wanted to be clear that I had never tried it with Di2.

Plugger14

by Plugger14

Update - Campy Super record 2012 cranks work perfectly with 7900 di2. I installed the sr bb cups and put the cranks on and after after a little alteration to the FD limit screws it was good to go.

I've ridden them for about 600kms and they have performed faultlessly. shifting is perfect and the bearings on the sr cranks are a much smoother affair than the da bb bearings.

Also they look so much better than the da cranks.

Good result!

pawnii

by pawnii

Has anyone actually broken a tooth or bent a ring with a Di2 FD?
2012 Scott Foil Premium

row618

by row618

Running a bb30 s works crank with 46-38 compact q rings and so far no issues on dura ace di2 shifting.
nathan