"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Well, he won 7 times in a row, but then he de-won* all 7 at once.

* Per USADA, and perhaps shortly per UCI

aerozy

by aerozy

We've always known what was going on in profesisonal cycling during the 1990's and 2000's but hats off to USADA for finally revealing the truth. Guess we can safely say that most if not all sucessful riders at the time were doping. Some we know already others not. Names like Pantani, Simeoni, Indurain, Beloki, Virenque, Ulrich, Olano etc etc

I have my doubts over Indurain though. He was a freak of nature with oversized lungs and heart. But then again he was heavy and still climbed like a goat.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Shouldn't we continue the subject in the other topic?

djconnel

by djconnel

Quickstep is going to take advantage of this opportunity to dump Levi, since he's obviously lost a bit this year anyway, and isn't going to stop the slide at close to 40.

In any case, he obviously didn't need doping anyway, since he rode clean starting in 2009 and immediately posted an excellent 2nd to teammate on Astana, Alberto "it was the beef" Contador.

petepeterson

by petepeterson

How do you know he rode clean starting in 2009?

53x12

by 53x12

^ You don't know.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

pastronef

by pastronef

speaking about races:

if, IF they just get a 6 month ban (and this story won't get worst for them)

Danielson, Leipheimer and Zabriskie can get back to race on March 1st 2013. Paris-Nice or Tirreno for them (March 3 or 6)

VandeVelde can race from March 9th 2013. so Volta Catalunya for him (March 18)

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Considering how deep the pile of shit is, I don't think all of those names will come back after 6 months.
Zabriskie, maybe as a limited domestique.
The others? Vegas bookies might be taking bets on who will retire during the 6 months.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Zitter

by Zitter

ichobi

by ichobi

I like the timing of USADA evidence, it's released when most of the races are done and the season over. Should it be sooner, the disruption to the whole peloton and team management was going to be much more severe (as if this isn't bad enough).

Timo

by Timo

aerozy wrote:I have my doubts over Indurain though. He was a freak of nature with oversized lungs and heart. But then again he was heavy and still climbed like a goat.

Doubts about Indurain? Francesco Conconi was his personal doctor, nuff said.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

ave

by ave

You have to wonder who are this "Rider-3" who did well in the Vuelta. And the other blank names.
I always suspected Rogers, and there you are.

ave

by ave

Timo wrote:
aerozy wrote:I have my doubts over Indurain though. He was a freak of nature with oversized lungs and heart. But then again he was heavy and still climbed like a goat.

Doubts about Indurain? Francesco Conconi was his personal doctor, nuff said.

So, Riis was just a better rider, you say?

maquisard

by maquisard

You have to laugh, Rogers inherited Millar's 2003 Road TT title when the latter received his two year ban.

Now it is pretty obvious Rogers was doping when he won all of his TT titles.

But as with Armstrong and his Tour wins, stripping titles now is a farce.

Move on, the most important thing is to get rid of the people who perpetuated such behaviour.

artray

by artray

The sh%t is going to fall on nearly all involved in pro cycling . If the mainstream press start looking at who is running teams and the ex dopers who are still riding they will ask "how is cycling cleaning it's act up?"
"Why should we believe you now when it's been this way for a 100 years". What If the press jump onto Leinders and Sky and start asking questions about Wiggo. This USADA case has been a disaster for cycling and it could be facing dire consequences . The UCI losing all credibility .Cycling pulled from the Olympics.
Major sponsors walking away . This could yet happen . Getting Armstrong has dragged cycling back into the shit again and this time it may not get out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com