I am having build a set of climbing wheels on Alpha 340's - and have a couple of questions.
The only things I have ordered are the BHS hubs - SL211 (16:8) and ULF66 (20).
I am planning on going with radial lacing in the front and 2X DS and radial NDS in the back. I will be using Sapim CX-Rays. Some places it's mentioned they don't work well with the 340's - both others would disagree on that.
Wheels will be used for climbing - and I usually do my climbs sitting down. No particularly sprinting is intended
According to this article (http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/06/07/sta ... rst-rides/
) there shouldn't be any problems with my <80 kg. The wheel set they are testing has more or less the same specs as I am about to build - even though it only has 18 spokes in the front.
- Will they be okay for me?
- Will it be the best option to lace them "heads-in", regarding the radial laced front, and the radial laced NDS?
- Should I go with 2X or 3X on the DS?
- I have the option of going with the older (and lighter) rims weighing around 350 grams each or the new ones weighing around 385 grams each. Would love to save 70 grams over all - but am I better suited with the heavier rims?
- Would the CX-Rays be fine, or am I better of with DT Aerolites?