USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I welcome the USADA’s report, it is a crying shame the investigation is 8-12years too late and focuses only on one team, as USPS were by no means the only juice bar in the peloton, but it does shed light on the practices and hopefully will lead to doping’s removal from the peloton in the future (if the UCI actually get there arses in gear).

I’ve had a strong personal dislike of LA since the ’04 Simeoni incident which showed just what an ugly personality the guy had, he’s crushed a lot of careers in his time and his lawyers have taken a lot of money from people and companies that will no doubt be looking to get it back (perhaps there's a perjury case to answer too now?).

As for why Lance gets a life ban and DZ, Hincapie et al only 6months, well that’s simple, they cooperated and admitted guilt, Lance and Johan didn’t. I am so looking forward to Johan’s court date though, that will be extremely interesting.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ChristianB

by ChristianB

As stated in a previous post (which seems ages ago...) I am sorry that a high profile as Lance Armstrong has become the (media) center of this investigation. This is not due to "the great things he has done for cancer survivors" or because I like him (frankly I was never a fan - more the opposite), but due to the fact that the first serious attempt at breaking organized doping, facilitated by team managers, doctors and riders are spun into a media circus. I hope the work done by USADA will have a clearer and more powerful impact when johann Bruynell and Dr. del Moral are going into arbitration.

To the people who disqualifies the conviction of Lance Armstrong due to other riders doping, equal playing field, cycling' doping history and the like, I have to disagree. This does not disqualify the conviction, it merely points to the necessity of this investigation and conviction. And to the fact that the riders that chose to confess are given short term bans, well, Lance Armstrong had the same opportunity, but decided not to go along with it, neither did he take his case to arbitration, leaving the USADA with the only other option: A conviction. What else should they do? They are an organisation formed to investigate and prosecute athletes in violation of the doping regulations. They (USADA) claims that this is the single most extreme case of organised doping violations they have ever come across. Come on guys, if they didn't investigate and brought the investigation to a conclusion, what the hell should they be doing? Smiling and nodding while wasting tax payers money on telling everybody how clean the sport was and is?

mrfish

by mrfish

So not really any surprises in the reasoned evidence (Got to page 70 so far). Those who say that there is no evidence (including Lance himself) really have their head deep in the sand.

I am continuously surprised that Nike continues to associate itself with Armstrong. I guess Livewrong sales are still strong. But from now on wearing such a garment will demonstrate you have an IQ significantly below average. As for the senators who attempted to block the investigation - they look more than silly.

I am glad to see that USADA unlike the UCI and the Spanish authorities showed persistence to get to the bottom of this sea of lies. I hope that it sets a prescedent for other authorities to offer similar plea bargains for athletes to come forward and eradicate the cancer of doping.

Previously I thought that dopers had no place in the sport. My opinion has changed - Athletes need to know that if they tell the truth about where and how they obtained drugs, they may still be able to make a living in the sport. However the team doctors and other advisors who systematically deal, source and administer these drugs have no place in medicine. I therefore hope that the Dutch and German authorities follow the doping thread from Leipheimer to Rabobank and Gerolsteiner to find out what went on in these teams, and then continue to pull on the doping strings to follow the doping thread wherever it leads. A few Internet sting operations would also not go amis.

artray

by artray

Colonia "I don't really care about his battle with cancer, honestly. He later used his illness as a shield behind which he could do whatever he wanted from a PR perspective, and it worked wonderfully. Politicians do this stuff, too, as do most narcissists. And the gullible fall for it. You need a hero? Pick someone who actually is one. Being a cancer survivor does not automatically make you a good or honest person"

Well I don't care that you don't care about Armstrongs cancer battle :roll:
You seem to be making a lot of presumtions about me . I think you need to read what I have said and not try and nit pick me into some kind of Armstrong worshiper. How did he use a shield? He doped in privacy. Most of the riders doping never got caught. He did not need the Livestrong foundation has a shield to cover up his doping antics. He has never tested positive,as have loads of riders. He did use his profile to start a cancer foundation that has been helpful to a lot of people. He did not set up Livestrong to cover up is doping antics :unbelievable: In my opinion the mistake Armstrong made and I have said this in past posts is that he should have owned up when he retired . Now it's gone to far and I doubt if he ever will confess . He can defend himself against all these claims if you break them down and thats what he will do . I would not be surprised if he sets up a major interview and counters all these charges.
Doping always has been part of cycling/sport and Armstrong is no worse or better than any other doped rider .
You do have a choice to dope or not and if you dope you have to live with it . Thats what makes you the person you are.

MrWATTperKG

by MrWATTperKG

Easiest way to "get ouf the shit and start new" is after 19 years of lying and making a (very good) living as a pro cyclist. I would like to "turn the page" and "start a new chapter" the same way as Hincapie did!

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

J-Nice wrote:Levi Leipheimer affidavit-

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/Le ... idavit.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

David Zabriskie affidavit-

http://d3epuodzu3wuis.cloudfront.net/Za ... idavit.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My first post in this thread, although I usually just read the articles and a few posters comments.

That's some sobering shit.
Zabriskie's testimony is especially angering considering how the team management gets a young rider into doing it.
I hope Bruyneel fries big time.

Has anyone downloaded the USADA reasoning document as a file ?

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

2 interesting things for me:

Levi's Tenerife 'training' camp with Ferrari testimony covers a bunch of know dopers. But also implicates Mick Rogers.

The shear number of people who have testified to USADA, and the number of people they have implicated.

Of course. Lance beat them all clean, so that part is clearly a lie.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

sawyer

by sawyer

Not a good day for the fanboys - who seem increasingly thin on ground.

If I get time I'll pull together all the names of fanboys on this forum from the mistaken posts and start a "f*ckwits with crap judgement you should ignore on WWs" thread.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

majklnajt

by majklnajt

You can start with me.

sawyer

by sawyer

artray wrote:Colonia "I don't really care about his battle with cancer, honestly. He later used his illness as a shield behind which he could do whatever he wanted from a PR perspective, and it worked wonderfully. Politicians do this stuff, too, as do most narcissists. And the gullible fall for it. You need a hero? Pick someone who actually is one. Being a cancer survivor does not automatically make you a good or honest person"

Well I don't care that you don't care about Armstrongs cancer battle :roll:
You seem to be making a lot of presumtions about me . I think you need to read what I have said and not try and nit pick me into some kind of Armstrong worshiper. How did he use a shield? He doped in privacy. Most of the riders doping never got caught. He did not need the Livestrong foundation has a shield to cover up his doping antics. He has never tested positive,as have loads of riders. He did use his profile to start a cancer foundation that has been helpful to a lot of people. He did not set up Livestrong to cover up is doping antics :unbelievable: In my opinion the mistake Armstrong made and I have said this in past posts is that he should have owned up when he retired . Now it's gone to far and I doubt if he ever will confess . He can defend himself against all these claims if you break them down and thats what he will do . I would not be surprised if he sets up a major interview and counters all these charges.
Doping always has been part of cycling/sport and Armstrong is no worse or better than any other doped rider .
You do have a choice to dope or not and if you dope you have to live with it . Thats what makes you the person you are.

You don't work in communications do you? That's a joke by the way, as your understanding of it is as weak as your argument.

maquisard

by maquisard

From Leipheimer's affidavit.

"69. In June of 2005 I attended a third training camp with Dr. Ferrari. This camp was held in St. Moritz, Switzerland and again the cyclists in attendance were followed by Dr. Ferrari on their training rides and lactate testing was performed. Riders present at this camp included Paolo Savoldelli, Yaroslav Popovych, Michael Rogers and Eddy Mazzoleni. I discussed the use of EPO and blood transfusions with Dr. Ferrari at this camp."

Michael Rogers, clean as a whistle. Read on, Wiggin's tempo rider was at many of Ferrari's training camps.

Just as well they all gave up the drugs in 2006.

ChristianB

by ChristianB

@Sawyer: Why on earth would you compile such a list? I fail to see the point of it. Please explain

sawyer

by sawyer

maquisard wrote:From Leipheimer's affidavit.

"69. In June of 2005 I attended a third training camp with Dr. Ferrari. This camp was held in St. Moritz, Switzerland and again the cyclists in attendance were followed by Dr. Ferrari on their training rides and lactate testing was performed. Riders present at this camp included Paolo Savoldelli, Yaroslav Popovych, Michael Rogers and Eddy Mazzoleni. I discussed the use of EPO and blood transfusions with Dr. Ferrari at this camp."

Michael Rogers, clean as a whistle. Read on, Wiggin's tempo rider was at many of Ferrari's training camps.

Just as well they all gave up the drugs in 2006.

Wouldn't defend Rogers for a minute.

Obviously still getting on your goat that Wiggins nailed the Tour this year? :wink:

Four words: get used to it.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Maybe the whole peloton was Ferraris client :D

ChristianB

by ChristianB

If whole peloton was client' of ferrari, then lets put him as the winner of all UCI races from 98 to at least 2006 :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com