"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
HammerTime2
Posts: 5422
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 4:43 pm
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

artray wrote: Contador his a cheat for eating some meat...
Excuse me. How do you know Contador's clenbuterol positive was from eating meat? Wasn't that his story? How do you know that's true?

artray
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm

by artray

Because he said so and I believe him like I believe Sky did not know Leinders background .
Fish caught .

by Weenie


beardking
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:22 pm

by beardking

And the plasticiser levels being 10 times the amounts found in his previous urine samples was because of?

User avatar
euan
Posts: 1481
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:20 am

by euan

Hows but he wasn't banned because of that. The CAS ruling was that he was banned because of a tainted supplement.
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar

artray
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm

by artray

beardking wrote:And the plasticiser levels being 10 times the amounts found in his previous urine samples was because of?


Was that true ? I did not think it was enforced in Contadors case and still has not been cleared for use by any doping body.

Facts ,what do they prove :lol:

User avatar
geraldatwork
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:21 pm

by geraldatwork

HammerTime2 wrote:
artray wrote: Contador his a cheat for eating some meat...
Excuse me. How do you know Contador's clenbuterol positive was from eating meat? Wasn't that his story? How do you know that's true?

Most likely it was caused by eating meat in his home country and was in his blood when he drew a unit of blood for later blood doping (transfusion during the race). The plasticizer, in addition to the Clenbuterol in the test was the sure sign he (illegally) blood doped. So while the plasticizer is not banned they "hung their hat" on the minute amount of Clenbuterol which was technically illegal. My gut feeling if it was just the minute amount of the drug, and the possibility it could have resulted in eating "tainted" meet he would have gotten off. (he almost did). The plasticizer just pissed them off because they knew what was really going on. Just my 2c.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

LeePaton
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 pm

by LeePaton

Doping makes me sad.

artray
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm

by artray

LeePaton wrote:Doping makes me sad.


Cheer up ...most people just ride faster but if it makes you sad you might be better to stop taking it .

LeePaton
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 pm

by LeePaton

Pro Tour Dopers make me sad.

User avatar
Kjetil
Posts: 1328
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 pm
Location: Hamar, Norway
Contact:

by Kjetil

Lots of good men come forward to sadden you today, I read.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

WillR
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:38 pm

by WillR

pastronef wrote:BMC distributor as a guest in my hotel

BMC Pro Team 2013

Pearl Izumi for clothing and 3T for handlebars. I asked about helmets, but he didn't know :x
He said Ochowiz takes care of everything form the US, so he should prefer something american. Giro?

he was riding a TMR01, his girl a GF01. the TMR01 is very nice looking. he said you better have good legs to get a good use of it


Looks like Hinchapie clothing has been dropped - good. It sends the right message out! GH needs to feel a little pain for his actions too.

LeePaton
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 pm

by LeePaton

Kjetil wrote:Lots of good men come forward to sadden you today, I read.


Indeed, not mad just saddened.

One can only hope for a clean sport.

artray
Posts: 1365
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:08 pm

by artray

Doping and cycling go together like an old sock in a old shoe .
when you think about it,,, really think about it,,, it's no big thing really. Just a bunch of guys trying to ride a bit faster than another bunch of guys. They have to live with it not us. Im off to have nobbly bobbly ice lolly,
there really nice . :thumbup:

maquisard
Posts: 1740
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 8:51 pm
Location: France

by maquisard

Kjetil wrote:Lots of good men come forward to sadden you today, I read.


Good men getting off with six month bans. Slight double standards from USADA when it is a second offense for Leipheimer who doped earlier in this career.

Armstrong, as bad as he was seems to be scape goat in this entire affair. It's okay to have doped, as long as Lance and Johan told me to. What do you say to guys like Moncoutie who had their careers ruined by the 'good guys' and who see them being punished with six months bans and keeping their lucrative contracts.

by Weenie


LeePaton
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:34 pm

by LeePaton

artray wrote:Doping and cycling go together like an old sock in a old shoe .
when you think about it,,, really think about it,,, it's no big thing really. Just a bunch of guys trying to ride a bit faster than another bunch of guys. They have to live with it not us. Im off to have nobbly bobbly ice lolly,
there really nice . :thumbup:


Doesn't make it acceptable, worse even.

Yep the punishments IMO should be hella heavier and make examples of this dark hour of our sport, using it to deter future stars from being tempted.

Locked
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post