USADA Banned Armstrong new Doping Allegations

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

artray wrote:Don't forget Vino's got his team :lol: . Vaughters has his team :lol: Riis has his team :lol:
They may as well let Armstrong start a new team it only seems fair :lol:

It does indeed, except the others don't have lifetime bans involving anything UCI related - which would include running a team?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

maquisard wrote:Just like Yates being a DS at Team Sky, how is it any different?

for me it isn't. but as i understand the question of being officialy banned or not makes a difference for most people

it's yet another example of hypocrisy and double vision when it comes to doping in our beloved discipline. maybe we need something along RICO to smoke'em out? or just let it be. seriously, this whole thing becomes more and more pathetic and embarrassing
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

tymon_tm wrote:maybe we need something along RICO to smoke'em out?

Yup, if they can stay with Ricco on one of his attacks, then they must be doing some serious dope. That'll smoke 'em out.

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

No one can be dumber than Ricco can they? :hmm:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

good one, but only thing dear Ricco is capable of attacking is his ex(?) pregnant-on-peds GF for adding too much salt into the soup

their story would make for a great sitcom though, "The Ceras" - meet Ricardo, Vania and lil Alberto, all riding bikes, eating lab-modified corn flakes for greater hematocrit, and runing a local blood transfusion shop for various athletes. starring Charlie Sheen as Ricardo, Brit Spears as Vania and Macaulay Culkin as their son, Alberto

i'd freakin watch it :idea:

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

4 chapters into the Tyler Hamilton book, and then thinking about this year's TdF. Sure, they're clean! Every last one of them. :roll:
Speedplay is the devil!

Colonia

by Colonia

In cyclingnews article: Lance Armstrong: My conscience is clear, Lance Armstrong wrote:Yeah, others won't move on. It's sad. I'm aware that it's out there. It's like, why are you continuing? You got what you wanted; Lance Armstrong never did anything in his life. Great. For some, it's like, shouldn't you be out training and focusing on what you're doing? F@cking move on. So strange.

Great quote. Still trying to keep up the charade. I love watching this guy squirm. :lol:

artray

by artray

stella-azzurra wrote:No one can be dumber than Ricco can they? :hmm:

His ex wife

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Great minds think alike :mrgreen:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

i just checked letour.fr for historic race results and guess who, according to ASO, won the seven tours in question. my bet would go for ASO to erase Armstrong from podium asap over a bottle of don perignon, but apparently they don't mind him still being the champ

maquisard

by maquisard

By now there are two camps, those you understand the truth and realise what happened during the Armstrong era. Then there are those that will never be convinced otherwise, even despite the evidence USADA might bring to the table. The whole stripping him of Tour wins thing is completely pointless when the same hasn't happened to Riis, Indurain, Pantani, Ullrich etc. Different era, you can't change history.

However this investigation will be a failure unless the likes of Bruyneel, McQuaid etc are brought to the table and removed from the sport of cycling. They are much more of a problem than Armstrong himself as they continue to 'pollute' the sport with the old ways.

Colonia

by Colonia

maquisard wrote:By now there are two camps, those you understand the truth and realise what happened during the Armstrong era. Then there are those that will never be convinced otherwise, even despite the evidence USADA might bring to the table. The whole stripping him of Tour wins thing is completely pointless when the same hasn't happened to Riis, Indurain, Pantani, Ullrich etc. Different era, you can't change history.

However this investigation will be a failure unless the likes of Bruyneel, McQuaid etc are brought to the table and removed from the sport of cycling. They are much more of a problem than Armstrong himself as they continue to 'pollute' the sport with the old ways.

Sorry, not buying this argument. He is losing his titles because he did not cooperate with the USADA. He had an opportunity to admit doping, but instead he continues to deny it. It doesn't matter if past winners doped, because they are not under investigation. This is an effort to clean up the sport and send a message to the corrupt individuals entrenched in the system.

If Armstrong wants to keep insisting he magically "beat" cancer and transformed from a mediocre rider to a 7-time Tour winner, then he will have to deal with the consequences. Seems fair to me. He certainly benefitted greatly from his illegal acts -- without which he would likely never even have been relevant in cycling.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Because winning a World Championship means nothing.

artray

by artray

Colonia "If Armstrong wants to keep insisting he magically "beat" cancer and transformed from a mediocre rider to a 7-time Tour winner, then he will have to deal with the consequences. Seems fair to me. He certainly benefitted greatly from his illegal acts -- without which he would likely never even have been relevant in cycling"

He did have cancer and it was not magic, but the great work being done by Drs etc etc to help beat cancer
You should not belittle such a fight against a real threat to life .
If nobody should benefit from Illegal acts in cycling then you would not have any cycling . Think about it.
Armstrong would have still been relevant without his return to cycling because of his athletic profile and the fact he his well . If he was a mediocre rider and tour winner, what does that say about the riders he beat.
Name me a rider who he beat who is not tarnished with doping allegations ? are they all mediocre riders ? If not how come they could not beat Armstrong even though they were doping as well? Most of his rival teams also had a doping program.

majklnajt

by majklnajt

He was doping more than others.... :D :D :D :D :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com