Giant defy advance sl

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Mattm

by Mattm

i am thinking of buying a defy advance sl0 and have booked a test ride. However I was interested to hear from anyone who owns one as I can't seem to find many reviews. There are lots of reviews for the tcr advanced sl but not the defy. I mainly ride hilly sportives including the etape.

istigatrice

by istigatrice

I have a previous generation defy advanced (2011) and I love it. I find that it climbs like crazy. That said it is the only full carbon road bike I've ridden for a extensive amount of time and probably the only sub/around 1000g frame I've ridden too. It's great in long sweeping corners, however I struggle to find the same confidence with it in shorter, tighter corners. I just wish the headtube was a little shorter so I could get lower.
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

richowen

by richowen

I have a specialized roubaix SL2 and a giant defy advanced Sl0. The giant rides much lighter and much stiffer up front with great handling. I like it but it is much stiffer than the specialized. It climbs like the wind. Due to the stiff ride, I went with the tubeless giant wheels (really dt swiss tricons). To me it is a race bike with relaxed geometry. It is compliant to a point. It soaks up the big bumps but it is not as good with the chip and seal as the roubaix is. Take the test ride out for a longer ride to make sure it not too stiff.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Mate rides/races one and can confirm it is certainly stiff enough.