Volagi Liscio H24 edition.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Biathlon

by Biathlon

Hello, I have been along time lurker on the forum but haven't posted anything until now.

I am very impressed of all the amazing bike builds that are on this Forum and i definitely will make a weight weenie bike some time.

My current project is not a light project, but i think it is kind of cool even tough its not a sub 5 kg bike :wink:

The project started when I got sponsored by Volagi with a Liscio Ultegra model bike.

I had the bike "stock" all summer and I had a real blast cycling long trips on it. It really is a mile eater and it is a true joy to ride on.

But I am a Biathlete and my Biathlon team has got a new premium sponsor and the bicycle now acts as a promotional bike towards their company.

So first you get some pictures of how the bike looked like this summer.

But now after many ours of redesigning the bike looks like this.

Full size studio photo can be found >here< with more accurate colors than the picture above.

The bike is not painted but covered in vinyl as you do with vinyl wrap on cars.

Hope you enjoy the bike! I have some things that I hate about the bike but i want to see if you can guess what it is before i say what it is. But I hope that i can change those bits soon.

greetings from sweden :D
Last edited by Biathlon on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimmS

by TimmS

WOW!

I do like this design!
Especially the junction for the rear triangle and the toptube.
Must be a comfortable ride, is there also place for some more wide tires?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

:shock: Awesome looking machine! So the question everyone will ask is - how are the brakes?

gravity

by gravity

Awesomeeeeee!!!

How's the long-bow (the joint toptube-chainstay, that's what it's called right?) doing? Must be real nice to ride on longer rides.

The green colour is too much tho.. The original colour scheme is wayyy better. But anything that floats your boat bro!

SlipperyT

by SlipperyT

Just curious -- what's the forum's policy on a SPONSORED rider posting a bike made by his SPONSOR?

Biathlon

by Biathlon

TimmS wrote:WOW!

I do like this design!
Especially the junction for the rear triangle and the toptube.
Must be a comfortable ride, is there also place for some more wide tires?

The frame can take 28mm tires. The only place that is narrow is in the gap between the chain-stay tubes.

dereksmalls wrote::shock: Awesome looking machine! So the question everyone will ask is - how are the brakes?

On my first test ride I thought that the brakes didn't perform well and I couldn't se de point. But it turned out that they weren't adjusted properly and after some tweaks they perform really well. The thing that stands out the most is the braking power in wet conditions. I think its foremost in thous conditions the brakes stand out compared to regular brakes. Plus the bike looks a sexier without the standard road brakes :wink:

gravity wrote:Awesomeeeeee!!!

How's the long-bow (the joint toptube-chainstay, that's what it's called right?) doing? Must be real nice to ride on longer rides.

The green colour is too much tho.. The original colour scheme is wayyy better. But anything that floats your boat bro!

You mean the "LONGBOW FLEX STAY SUSPENSION". :wink: Yes the frame is really nice and smooth to ride on. But in the same time i think it is plenty stiff to race on. My longest trip on the bike this summer was 240km long, and I dedn't feel any pain in the "common" places because of the bike.

I agree that the original design it much cleaner but at the same time I think the new design stands out more. But definitely not to everyones liking. But thats the way I like it :D

SlipperyT wrote:Just curious -- what's the forum's policy on a SPONSORED rider posting a bike made by his SPONSOR?

I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting the bike. Since i haven't mentioned the name of the new team sponsor and didn't link to any sites I hope nobody feels offended by this post.

I originally wanted to show you all the possibilities with vinyl and that you with some work can completely change the look of a bike without having to paint it. This vinyl can be taken off in minutes and the bike will look like it did before!

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

SlipperyT wrote:Just curious -- what's the forum's policy on a SPONSORED rider posting a bike made by his SPONSOR?

No issue with it, given its in it's own thread and isn't hijacking others.

We encourage new companies (and their riders) with new designs (like this) to come on here and show us their wares.

Besides which, would not be the first sponsored rider showing us their team ride.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Biathlon wrote:I originally wanted to show you all the possibilities with vinyl and that you with some work can completely change the look of a bike without having to paint it. This vinyl can be taken off in minutes and the bike will look like it did before!

As a designer, I'm definitely intrigued. I've worked with a few local suppliers to do car wraps, but did not know this might be applied to bike frames.
Do you know how much weight the vinyl wrap added to your components or frame?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KvnP

by KvnP

I'm interested to see how much the vinyl itself weights & how much was used !
Parlee Z3c
Independent Fabrication SSR // 953
Independent Fabrication Planet X
Knolly Chilcotin

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

I'm kind of disappointed no one has asked how much it weighs....

Soo, how much does it weigh?

thelivo

by thelivo

I like how you have done the bartape - looks quite distinctive.

Geoff

by Geoff

Ok, that's nice. Did you wrap the stem?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SlipperyT

by SlipperyT

Certainly a very interesting design and in fact among the pioneers in road-disc design (or even the first one?), although the Colnago road disc model gets way more credit/attention.