HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2629 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 176  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 pm 

So this ruling from Switzerland in favour of the UCI over Landis. Does it effectively mean Floyd can't say the UCI covered up a positive result - because it has been ruled by that court there was no positive to cover up therefore Floyd is making shit up? If so how would that affect the USADAs case that here was a cover up? That would then benefit Lance would it not?

Please correct if that is not how it is.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:58 pm 

The Swiss court hasn't read the USADA reasoned decision against Armstrong, and the evidence against the others named in the charging letter hasn't been made public either.

Since the court wasn't privy to any of this information and Landis didn't contest the case, the court proceeded on behalf of McQuaid and Verbruggen.

Easier to bully around small fries like Kimmage and Landis. It sends a message to anyone else who may open their mouths and critique the UCI.

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:14 pm 

correct me if i'm wrong but isnt this ruling completely meaningless.

a. swiss court as J pointed wasn't privy to the evidence which supposingly are somewhere in the custody of USADA

b. if Floyd called Pat or UCI liars etc. in a lets say US newspaper, would that ruling of the Swiss really help UCI seek compensation?

c. the message (again, given what's been emerging for past few weeks is supported with evidence) is UCI is after small fish cause they know they're deep in shit of their own, and such PR temporary saves the day for them. an analogy to Lehman Brothers who kept on selling with smiling faces till the very end comes to mind

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am 

prendrefeu wrote:
Yes, really. Grow up.

That time of the month hey prendrefeu...?

"I enjoy climbing...I enjoy seeing people disappear behind me." - Robert Millar

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:13 pm 

so did everyone read the story in Cyclingnews where Armstrong is asking everyone to "move on"? If that wasn't an admission of past deeds (read the article, he wouldn't call it guilt), I don't know what is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 pm 

No -- an admission of guilt would be:

"Yes, I used illegal methods during each of my Tour victories, as did all of my principal competition. But now I'm looking towards the future."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:23 pm 

Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
spud wrote:
so did everyone read the story in Cyclingnews where Armstrong is asking everyone to "move on"? If that wasn't an admission of past deeds (read the article, he wouldn't call it guilt), I don't know what is.
Here it is.
Yeah, others won't move on. It's sad. I'm aware that it's out there. It's like, why are you continuing? You got what you wanted; Lance Armstrong never did anything in his life. Great. For some, it's like, shouldn't you be out training and focusing on what you're doing? F@cking move on. So strange.
Yes, strange indeedy, LOL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:43 pm 

Armstrong continues to laugh while Landis calls Pat and the UCI a lot of insulting names near one of Switzerlands many boarders quite legally.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:09 pm 

ELLICOTT CITY, Md. -- Lance Armstrong has competed in a triathlon after organizers dropped USA Triathlon sanctioning so he could take part.

Armstrong is banned from events that follow World Anti-Doping Agency rules after he chose not to fight USADA charges of doping.

Armstrong finished the 70-mile swim, bike and run in 4 hours, 16 minutes at the Revolution3 Half-Full Triathlon on Sunday, racing in a wave of fellow cancer survivors.

Brock Yetso, president of the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, says "it was an easy decision" to allow Armstrong to participate because the event raises money for cancer.

Livestrong CEO Doug Ulman founded the Ulman Cancer Foundation. Armstrong says Ulman led Livestrong "to where it is today."

Yetso says only two people decided to drop out of the triathlon after sanctioning was dropped, while 300 said they wanted to race because of the decision.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/triathlon/s ... anctioning

I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:43 pm 

stella-azzurra wrote:
ELLICOTT CITY, Md. -- Lance Armstrong has competed in a triathlon after organizers dropped USA Triathlon sanctioning so he could take part.

Armstrong is banned from events that follow World Anti-Doping Agency rules after he chose not to fight USADA charges of doping.

Armstrong finished the 70-mile swim, bike and run in 4 hours, 16 minutes at the Revolution3 Half-Full Triathlon on Sunday, racing in a wave of fellow cancer survivors.

Brock Yetso, president of the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults, says "it was an easy decision" to allow Armstrong to participate because the event raises money for cancer.

Livestrong CEO Doug Ulman founded the Ulman Cancer Foundation. Armstrong says Ulman led Livestrong "to where it is today."

Yetso says only two people decided to drop out of the triathlon after sanctioning was dropped, while 300 said they wanted to race because of the decision.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/triathlon/s ... anctioning" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Respect to the two. That's about the ratio I'd expect with the US public.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:10 am 

They can decide to take all his wins away. But they cant decide who will like and support him!

TREK Madone 5.9 SL #7
ex COLNAGO C50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:53 am 

Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed
I don't think so majklnajt. If the UCI upholds the USADA decision on Lance Armstrong, then the UCI could sue you in Swiss court if you post that you like him on a publicly accessible website such as this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:11 pm 

This must be a joke :D

TREK Madone 5.9 SL #7
ex COLNAGO C50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:26 pm 

meanwhile, Ekimov is said to manage Katusha in the next season

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/confirm ... tusha-team

can you smell that? that's the wind of change in cycling, blowing away the doping era :roll:

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:26 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:28 pm 

Just like Yates being a DS at Team Sky, how is it any different?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2629 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 176  Next